Re: [S-R] Please translate phrase

  • Dr. Joe Q
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
      Narodiny should work.

      Visit:

      http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm

      Dr. "Q"

      --- Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...>
      wrote:

      > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for
      > me? (We say in English: Happy Birthday!)
      >
      > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary
      > and an intro. to the Slovak language book but I can
      > find no idiomatic phrases like this.
      >
      > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
      >
      > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

      > removed]

      Yahoo! for Good
      Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
      http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
        Just in case, in Slovak it is NARODENINY

        Vladi

        At 08:45 AM 11/09/2005, you wrote:
        >Narodiny should work.
        >
        >Visit:
        >
        ><http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm>http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm
        >
        >Dr. "Q"
        >
        >--- Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...>
        >wrote:
        >

        > > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for
        > > me? (We say in English: Happy Birthday!)
        > >
        > > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary
        > > and an intro. to the Slovak language book but I can
        > > find no idiomatic phrases like this.
        > >
        > > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
        > >
        > > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

        > > removed]

        > *
        >

        >----------

        Vladimir Linder
        Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
        3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
        Email: vlinder49@...
        FREE sample issue upon request. ONE TIME OFFER GOOD ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
        Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

        Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
        starts October 11, 2005

        You may check out our home pages at:

        www.slovakheritage.org
        www.lindervideo.com
        www.liptovskateplicka.com

        To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
        My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291
        Advertising rates:

        Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$720.00
        1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$360.00
        1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$180.00
        1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 90.00
        1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 75.00
      • Frank
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
          <barclaypenn@y...> wrote:

          > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in
          English: Happy Birthday!)

          > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to
          the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like
          this.

          > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
          >
          > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

          Happy Birthday !
          Gratulujem k narodeninám ! (Sk)
          Vs^echno nejleps^í k narozeninám ! (Cz)
          Wszystkiego najlepszego na urodziny ! (Pol)
          Boldog szülétesnapot ! (Hung)
          Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag ! (Ger)

          Frank K

        • johnqadam
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
            If you are willing to work in Slovak, the following is a greeting card
            web site: http://www.pohladnice.sk/

            <barclaypenn@y...> wrote:

            > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in
            English: Happy Birthday!)

            > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to
            the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like this.

            > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
            >
            > Susan Friedhaber-Hard
          • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
              Thank you very much Dr. Joe Q, Frank, Vladimir and John Q for your help. I'm "all set." Susan

              johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: If you are willing to work in Slovak, the following is a greeting card