OT: Off Topic: New Orleans resource

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
      If you are interested:

      The best source of info about the calamity in New Orleans and Mississippi
      can be found at http://www.nola.com/
      This is the web of the New Orleans newspaper. With their production
      facilities down and their readership gone, the paper is continuing it's
      reportage on the web. It is the best resource out there.

      It is not easy reading, it is lengthy, sometimes rambling and disorganized.
      The news is being reported in blog-fashion, as it comes it, almost like a
      diary. It's not pretty and sometimes difficult to follow. Most of the
      stories are written by the locals, the survivors and the rescuers. Don't go
      there looking for photos. If you want the plain, un-distilled facts, you
      will find them there. It is intermixed with status about particular
      neighborhoods, boards for people looking for lost family and much
      neighborhood specific rescue information.

    • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2005
        Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in English: Happy Birthday!)

        I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like this.

        I appreciate the help. Thanks.

        Susan Friedhaber-Hard

      • Dr. Joe Q
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
          Narodiny should work.

          Visit:

          http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm

          Dr. "Q"

          --- Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...>
          wrote:

          > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for
          > me? (We say in English: Happy Birthday!)
          >
          > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary
          > and an intro. to the Slovak language book but I can
          > find no idiomatic phrases like this.
          >
          > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
          >
          > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

          > removed]

          Yahoo! for Good
          Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
          http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
            Just in case, in Slovak it is NARODENINY

            Vladi

            At 08:45 AM 11/09/2005, you wrote:
            >Narodiny should work.
            >
            >Visit:
            >
            ><http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm>http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/links.htm
            >
            >Dr. "Q"
            >
            >--- Susan Friedhaber-Hard <barclaypenn@...>
            >wrote:
            >

            > > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for
            > > me? (We say in English: Happy Birthday!)
            > >
            > > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary
            > > and an intro. to the Slovak language book but I can
            > > find no idiomatic phrases like this.
            > >
            > > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
            > >
            > > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

            > > removed]

            > *
            >

            >----------

            Vladimir Linder
            Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
            3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
            Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
            Email: vlinder49@...
            FREE sample issue upon request. ONE TIME OFFER GOOD ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
            Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

            Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
            starts October 11, 2005

            You may check out our home pages at:

            www.slovakheritage.org
            www.lindervideo.com
            www.liptovskateplicka.com

            To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
            My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291
            Advertising rates:

            Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$720.00
            1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$360.00
            1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$180.00
            1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 90.00
            1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 75.00
          • Frank
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Susan Friedhaber-Hard
              <barclaypenn@y...> wrote:

              > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in
              English: Happy Birthday!)

              > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to
              the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like
              this.

              > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
              >
              > Susan Friedhaber-Hard

              Happy Birthday !
              Gratulujem k narodeninám ! (Sk)
              Vs^echno nejleps^í k narozeninám ! (Cz)
              Wszystkiego najlepszego na urodziny ! (Pol)
              Boldog szülétesnapot ! (Hung)
              Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag ! (Ger)

              Frank K

            • johnqadam
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
                If you are willing to work in Slovak, the following is a greeting card
                web site: http://www.pohladnice.sk/

                <barclaypenn@y...> wrote:

                > Could someone please translate a birthday wish for me? (We say in
                English: Happy Birthday!)

                > I have a English-Slovak; Slovak-English dictionary and an intro. to
                the Slovak language book but I can find no idiomatic phrases like this.

                > I appreciate the help. Thanks.
                >
                > Susan Friedhaber-Hard
              • Susan Friedhaber-Hard
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 11, 2005
                  Thank you very much Dr. Joe Q, Frank, Vladimir and John Q for your help. I'm "all set." Susan

                  johnqadam <johnqadam@...> wrote: If you are willing to work in Slovak, the following is a greeting card