research

  • Mary Anne Drobnak
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 19, 2005
      Professional researchers for Czech, Slovak, etc. are
      found here:

      http://www.cgsi.org/research.asp?i=4
    • jerubasky1
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
        I would like to know if anyone would be interest in doing research for me. I need help in looking for my relatives in slovakia.

        I'm need of some help in looking up some Birth,Marriage, Death records on my father side of the family.

        My dad family came from the following area's in Slovakia.
        Zborov=Bardejov District in Presov region of Northeast Slovakia. This is were My Great,Great-Great,Great-Great-Great Grandfathers family came from and My Great,Great-Great,Great-Great-Great Grandmothers family came from Dubovica= Sabinov District in Presov Region Northeast Slovkia, Dubovica,Zupa,Slovakia. I have a birth records for My Great-Grandfather and My Great-Great-Grandfather and a Marriage Record for My Great-Great-Grandparents. Please send me whatever you can find on the following surnames: Rubaczky,Rubacky,Rubasky,Superka,Martonak,Matusovits,Czeluch,Kopcsak,Zajacz,. I know that My Great-Great-Great Grandfather was married twice.

        I need all information to be translated Slovak to English. Here some information that might help you out.

        JoAnne E. Rubasky (ME)
        Born: 16 Mar 1966 Allentown, Lehigh,PA USA
        Death:
        Married: 28 Jan 2006 in Plymouth Twp. Wayne, MI USA

        Joshua L. Kaiman (My husband)
        Born: 12 Jun. 1959 in Colorado Springs, El Paso, CO USA
        Death:

        James J. Rubasky (My Dad)
        Born: 09 Nov 1936 in Coplay,Lehigh,PA USA
        Death:
        Married: 19 Jun. 1965 in Coplay,Lehigh,PA

        Judith Kokolus (My Mom)
        Born: 09 Jun 1942 in Cement,Lehigh,PA
        Death:

        John J. Rubasky (My Grandfather)
        Born: 29 Jun 1900 in Allegheny City, Allegheny,PA USA
        Death: 21 Oct. 1957 in Allentown,Lehigh,PA USA
        Married: 10 Oct. 1922 in Northampton,Lehigh, PA USA

        Mary E. Kimock (My Grandmother)
        Born: 05 Sept. 1904 in Northampton, Lehigh,PA USA
        Death: 30 July 1977 in Coplay,Lehigh, PA USA

        Josef(Joseph)Rubacky (My Great-Grandfather)
        Born: 19 Jul. 1868 in Zborov,Slovakia
        Marriage: 17 Feb. 1897 at St. Margaret Roman Catholic Church in Zborov,Slovakia to Anna Superka
        Death: 04 Mar. 1942 in Allentown,Lehigh,PA USA

        Anna E. Superka (My Great-Grandmother)
        Born: 26 Jul. 1880 in Dubovica, Slovakia
        Death: 21 Nov. 1926 Philadephia, Philadephia,PA USA

        Josef Rubaczky (My Great-Great-Grandfather)
        Born: 17 April 1842 in Zborov, Slovakia
        Marriage: 21 Nov. 1866 at ????? in Zborov, Slovakia to Maria Matusovits
        Death: Unknown

        Maria Matusovits (My Great-Great-Grandmother)
        Born: 17 Feb. 1849 in Zborov, Slovakia
        Death: Unknown

        And. Rubaczky (My Great-Great-Great-Grandfather)
        Born: 18 Nov. 1802 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia
        Marriage: 1. Maria Zajacz- Unknown 2. Anna Cseluch
        Death: 18 Jul. 1849 in Zborov,Saris,Slovakia

        1. Maria Zajacz (My first Great-Great-Great-Grandmother)
        Born: 16 Jan 1807 in Zborov,Saris,Slovkia
        Death: 05 Jun 1835 in Zborov,Saris,Slovkia
        Married: 07 Feb. 1820 in Zborov,Saris, Slovkia

        2. Anna Cseluch (My second Great-Great-Great-Grandmother)
        Birth: 20 Jul 1814 in Zborov,Saris,Slovkia
        Death: 05 Jun 18????? in
        Married: 08 Jul. 1835 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia

        Josephus Rubaczky(MY Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
        Born: 15 Aug. 1772 Unknown
        Death: Unknown
        Married: 08 Oct. 1795 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia

        Maria Tegy(My Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
        Born: ???? 1774 in Unknown
        Death: Unknown

        Josephus Rubaczky(My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
        Born: Unknown 1746 Unknown
        Death: Unknown
        Married: Unknown

        Maria Unknown (My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
        Born: Unknown 1750
        Death:Unknown

        I hope you can help me out on this project of my. I have been tracing this family since 1991 so any new information would be most welcome to me.

        My husband and I hope that someday that we can visit this part of Slovika.

        Sincerely yours,
        JoAnne E. Rubasky-Kaiman
      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
          Please clarify.

          Are you looking for living relatives in Slovakia, or just more of the same of the kind of material you already have from old records.

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >

          > Josephus Rubaczky(MY Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
          > Born: 15 Aug. 1772 Unknown
          > Death: Unknown
          > Married: 08 Oct. 1795 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia
          >
          > Maria Tegy(My Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
          > Born: ???? 1774 in Unknown
          > Death: Unknown
          >
          > Josephus Rubaczky(My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
          > Born: Unknown 1746 Unknown
          > Death: Unknown
          > Married: Unknown
          >
          > Maria Unknown (My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
          > Born: Unknown 1750
          > Death:Unknown
          >

          > I hope you can help me out on this project of my. I have been tracing this family since 1991 so any new information would be most welcome to me.
          >
          > My husband and I hope that someday that we can visit this part of Slovika.

        • John
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2012
            >>> I would like to know if anyone would be interest in doing research for me. I need help in looking for my relatives in slovakia.

            I'm need of some help in looking up some Birth,Marriage, Death records on my father side of the family. . .

            I need all information to be translated Slovak to English. <<<

            How did you get all the exact dates? Are you AWARE that the archived church records have been filmed and those EXACT same images are now available online? The films are available for research via your nearest LDS Family History Center. You need to specify a religion.

            The church records are found at the following web site with some help in terms of wading thru the steps.

            https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/collection/1554443/waypoints

            RC records for Zborov are from 1763 and are found along this path:
            Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman CatholicBardejovZborov

            What exactly do you need translated from Slovak to English? The record notes are generally in Hungarian or Latin.
          • jerubasky1
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 4, 2012
              Curt B.
> [...]

              > > Josephus Rubaczky(MY Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
              > > Born: 15 Aug. 1772 Unknown
              > > Death: Unknown
              > > Married: 08 Oct. 1795 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia
              > >
              > > Maria Tegy(My Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
              > > Born: ???? 1774 in Unknown
              > > Death: Unknown
              > >
              > > Josephus Rubaczky(My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
              > > Born: Unknown 1746 Unknown
              > > Death: Unknown
              > > Married: Unknown
              > >
              > > Maria Unknown (My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
              > > Born: Unknown 1750
              > > Death:Unknown
              > >

              > > I hope you can help me out on this project of my. I have been tracing this family since 1991 so any new information would be most welcome to me.
              > >
              > > My husband and I hope that someday that we can visit this part of Slovika.

            • John
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 4, 2012
                >>> I'm need of some help in looking up some Birth,Marriage, Death records on my father side of the family.<<<

                Could you be more specific?
                1) Religion?
                2) Village name?
                3) Year
                4) Surname(s)

                The church records are available online.
              • jerubasky1
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 4, 2012
                  John:

                  1) Religion:roman catholic or Greek Catholic or Jewish(maybe)

                  2) Village: name Zborov=Bardejov District in Presov region of Northeast Slovakia,Dubovica,Zupa,Slovakia

                  3)Dates: 1700-Present

                  4)Surname:Rubaczky,Rubacky,Rubasky,Superka,Martonak,Matusovits,Czeluch,Kopcsak,Zajacz and Tegy

                  > Could you be more specific?
                  > 1) Religion
                  2) Village name Zborov=Bardejov District in Presov region of Northeast Slovakia,Dubovica,Zupa,Slovakia

                  > 3) Year
                  > 4) Surname:Rubaczky,Rubacky,Rubasky,Superka,Martonak,Matusovits,Czeluch,Kopcsak,Zajacz
                  >
                  > The church records are available online.

                • Michael Mojher
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012
                    Your surnames Rubasky and all variation and Superka were not in the 1995 Slovak Census. It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but would require a deeper search.

                    Ceperko had 94 listings in 14 locations. #1 location was Dubovica with 21. So you should search these records.

                    Dubovica had these listed Ružbarská Ruzbarska Ruzsbarszka Ružbarský Ruzbarsky Ruzsbarszky, I suggest that Rubasky was the Americanized version of the name. Dubovica had six possibilities.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012
                      Surname search in 1995 Census

                      MARTOŇÁK DUBOVICA, okr. PREŠOV (od r. 1996 SABINOV) – 18×, 61× listings in 19 location. Dubovica #1 location.

                      Matyusovits no listings.

                      Czeluch not listing. Alternative – CEĽUCH 84 listings in 24 locations. Is found in Zborov.

                      KOPCSÁK 5 listing in Kosice. Other places: Andrejova, Sambron, Kolackov, Maly Lipnik, Cemerne, Humenne, Komarany, , Humenne, Caklov, Sol. The first four a close to one another. And the last 6 close to one another. The first four I know since my ancestral village neighbors them.
                      ZAJACZ 7 listings in 4 locations: OHRADY, POHRONSKÝ RUSKOV, KOMÁRNO, NOVÝ TEKOV

                      Tegy no listings.