RE: Austro-Hungarian Military Records RE: [S-R] question on military recs.

  • David Decker
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
      Here is the pictures from my ggggrandfathers military info

      http://exit11.com/v-web/gallery/Family-History-Files?page=4

      pages 4/5

      David

      _____

      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
        In the photos of the presentation, it looks like Karl the First did
        the presenting, so it was after Francis Josef. At a glance it looks
        like he listed his titles down to the fried egg dinner (emporer,
        kinng, duke, down to some territories some ancestor ruled for a few
        years centuries back and then lost).

        The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
        in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
        authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.

        The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
        Baron.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>

        ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
        > Behalf Of D. Radmacher
        > Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 8:17 AM
        > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: Austro-Hungarian Military Records RE: [S-R] question
        on
        > military recs.
        >

        > I would try to look up your family member if you give me the
        details.

        > Dorene

        Terms of

        unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> [...]
        >
        > Genealogy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
        t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F
        > > &k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F

        amily+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Geneal
        ogy+fam

        ily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+si
        te&c=6&
        > s=177&.sig=_WMZ4l4LAXmRrEZHtXW1Rg> family tree
        >
        > Family
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
        t=ms&k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen
        > > &k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen

        ealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+servic
        e&w4=Ge

        nealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+g
        enealog
        > y+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=wgMWBvL-mlMR7gcVGMpySA> tree maker

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > _____

        email to

        of
        > Service.

        email to

        > Genealogy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Genealogy&w1=Genealogy&w2=Family+geneal

        ogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Genealogy+family+s
        earch&w

        5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&c=6&s=177
        &.sig=N
        > oIB7SICXkvO1RKVvY97nw>
        >
        > Family
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Genealogy&w2=Family

        +genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Genealogy+f
        amily+s

        earch&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&c=
        6&s=177
        > &.sig=q5v0jYYtHEPNi4bqEOhE7Q> genealogy
        >
        > Family
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Family+search+internet+genealogy+servic

        e&w1=Genealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealog
        y+servi

        ce&w4=Genealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree
        +maker+
        > genealogy+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=-txCNQ9X34e3jNUE4UJgag> search
        internet
        > genealogy service
        >

        > Genealogy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+search&w1=Genealogy&w2

        =Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Gene
        alogy+f

        amily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+
        site&c=
        > 6&s=177&.sig=LcAo4vBtaKuTytmFlcNMGw> family search
        >
        > Genealogy
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F

        amily+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Geneal
        ogy+fam

        ily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+si
        te&c=6&
        > s=177&.sig=_WMZ4l4LAXmRrEZHtXW1Rg> family tree
        >
        > Family
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
        t=ms&k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen

        ealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+servic
        e&w4=Ge

        nealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+g
        enealog
        > y+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=wgMWBvL-mlMR7gcVGMpySA> tree maker
        genealogy site

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

        subject=Unsubscribe>

        > _____

      • Curt Bochanyin
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
          This is one of many older books now appearing as images all over the
          WEB.

          The Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Studies is a collection of essays (hrsg.
          = herausgegeben) which means edited by Vesna Kondric-Horvat.

          Curt B.
          > The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
          > in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
          > authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.
          >
          > The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
          > Baron.
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>
          > wrote:
          > > Dorene,

          have been removed]
        • Curt Bochanyin
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
            This is one of many older books now appearing as images all over the
            WEB.

            The Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Studies is a collection of essays (hrsg.
            = herausgegeben) which means edited by Vesna Kondric-Horvat.

            Curt B.
            > The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
            > in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
            > authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.
            >
            > The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
            > Baron.
            >

            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>
            > wrote:
            > > Dorene,

            have been removed]
          • travel2001@aol.com
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
              Is it SloVENian or SloVAKian ?

              This is one of many older books now appearing as images all over the
              WEB.

              The Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Studies is a collection of essays (hrsg.
              = herausgegeben) which means edited by Vesna Kondric-Horvat.

              Curt B.
              > The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
              > in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
              > authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.
              >
              > The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
              > Baron.
              >

              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>
              > wrote:
              > > Dorene,

              have been removed]

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • amiak27
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                I knew enough to watch for that trap so carefully checked and wrote
                it as such. I figured if my source was worng there would be plenty
                of qualified people to correct me! It is Slovenian, not Slovakian.
                The two are remarkably close, so close with all declensions and all
                that I will not venture to guess without checking.
                Ron