RE: Austro-Hungarian Military Records RE: [S-R] question on military recs.

  • David Decker
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
      Dorene,

      Commander of the field artillery regiment No. 5, Knight of our
      Austrian

      > Imperial Leopold Order

      His name was Franz Maczek, and he had 4 sons who also joined the army.

      Walter, Franz, Max, Ernest.

      I have the 5 page document written from him also on file.

      On another note has anyone been able to figure out this

      http://images.google.com/images?q=Kondrc&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

      All in ref to kondrc, but I don't understand any of it.

      David

      _____

      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
        Here is the pictures from my ggggrandfathers military info

        http://exit11.com/v-web/gallery/Family-History-Files?page=4

        pages 4/5

        David

        _____

> [...]

        =Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Genealogy+f
        amily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&c=
        6&s=177&.sig=LcAo4vBtaKuTytmFlcNMGw> family search

        Genealogy
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F
        amily+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Genealogy+fam
        ily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&c=6&
        s=177&.sig=_WMZ4l4LAXmRrEZHtXW1Rg> family tree

        Family
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen
        ealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Ge
        nealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealog
        y+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=wgMWBvL-mlMR7gcVGMpySA> tree maker genealogy site

      • amiak27
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
          In the photos of the presentation, it looks like Karl the First did
          the presenting, so it was after Francis Josef. At a glance it looks
          like he listed his titles down to the fried egg dinner (emporer,
          kinng, duke, down to some territories some ancestor ruled for a few
          years centuries back and then lost).

          The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
          in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
          authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.

          The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
          Baron.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>

          ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
          > Behalf Of D. Radmacher
          > Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 8:17 AM
          > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: Austro-Hungarian Military Records RE: [S-R] question
          on
          > military recs.
          >

          > I would try to look up your family member if you give me the
          details.

          > Dorene

          Terms of

          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> [...]
          >
          > Genealogy
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
          t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F
          > > &k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F

          amily+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Geneal
          ogy+fam

          ily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+si
          te&c=6&
          > s=177&.sig=_WMZ4l4LAXmRrEZHtXW1Rg> family tree
          >
          > Family
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms
          t=ms&k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen
          > > &k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen

          ealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+servic
          e&w4=Ge

          nealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+g
          enealog
          > y+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=wgMWBvL-mlMR7gcVGMpySA> tree maker

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          > _____

          email to

          of
          > Service.

          email to

          > Genealogy
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Genealogy&w1=Genealogy&w2=Family+geneal

          ogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Genealogy+family+s
          earch&w

          5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&c=6&s=177
          &.sig=N
          > oIB7SICXkvO1RKVvY97nw>
          >
          > Family
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Family+genealogy&w1=Genealogy&w2=Family

          +genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Genealogy+f
          amily+s

          earch&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&c=
          6&s=177
          > &.sig=q5v0jYYtHEPNi4bqEOhE7Q> genealogy
          >
          > Family
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Family+search+internet+genealogy+servic

          e&w1=Genealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealog
          y+servi

          ce&w4=Genealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree
          +maker+
          > genealogy+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=-txCNQ9X34e3jNUE4UJgag> search
          internet
          > genealogy service
          >

          > Genealogy
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+search&w1=Genealogy&w2

          =Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Gene
          alogy+f

          amily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+
          site&c=
          > 6&s=177&.sig=LcAo4vBtaKuTytmFlcNMGw> family search
          >
          > Genealogy
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Genealogy+family+tree&w1=Genealogy&w2=F

          amily+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+service&w4=Geneal
          ogy+fam

          ily+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+si
          te&c=6&
          > s=177&.sig=_WMZ4l4LAXmRrEZHtXW1Rg> family tree
          >
          > Family
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Family+tree+maker+genealogy+site&w1=Gen

          ealogy&w2=Family+genealogy&w3=Family+search+internet+genealogy+servic
          e&w4=Ge

          nealogy+family+search&w5=Genealogy+family+tree&w6=Family+tree+maker+g
          enealog
          > y+site&c=6&s=177&.sig=wgMWBvL-mlMR7gcVGMpySA> tree maker
          genealogy site

          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "SLOVAK-ROOTS
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS> " on the web.

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          > _____

        • Curt Bochanyin
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
            This is one of many older books now appearing as images all over the
            WEB.

            The Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Studies is a collection of essays (hrsg.
            = herausgegeben) which means edited by Vesna Kondric-Horvat.

            Curt B.
            > The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
            > in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
            > authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.
            >
            > The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
            > Baron.
            >

            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>
            > wrote:
            > > Dorene,

            have been removed]
          • Curt Bochanyin
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
              This is one of many older books now appearing as images all over the
              WEB.

              The Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Studies is a collection of essays (hrsg.
              = herausgegeben) which means edited by Vesna Kondric-Horvat.

              Curt B.
              > The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
              > in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
              > authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.
              >
              > The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
              > Baron.
              >

              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>
              > wrote:
              > > Dorene,

              have been removed]
            • travel2001@aol.com
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                Is it SloVENian or SloVAKian ?

                This is one of many older books now appearing as images all over the
                WEB.

                The Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Studies is a collection of essays (hrsg.
                = herausgegeben) which means edited by Vesna Kondric-Horvat.

                Curt B.
                > The book with kondrc looks like a standard translation of Kafka
                > in "Slovenian-Austrian Kafka Study". It looks like Kondric claims
                > authorship and the translation from Slovak into Slovenian.
                >
                > The (Hrsg.) after his name could be a contraction for Herzog or
                > Baron.
                >

                > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "David Decker" <maze_r@h...>
                > wrote:
                > > Dorene,

                have been removed]

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • amiak27
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                  I knew enough to watch for that trap so carefully checked and wrote
                  it as such. I figured if my source was worng there would be plenty
                  of qualified people to correct me! It is Slovenian, not Slovakian.
                  The two are remarkably close, so close with all declensions and all
                  that I will not venture to guess without checking.
                  Ron