Re: [S-R] Who Are the Rusyns, Thomas Peters answers the question.

  • Rick Steps
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2005
      WOW, Yes I listened to Dr. Q...but I found the place is political
      beyond my imagining. Do not ever use the word Uniate. And don't
      join if you are offended easily. Please be open to two sides to
      EVERY story! That said...I am enjoying it so far....a great
      learning experience. Eric

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Vangor" <drav@o...>
      wrote:
      > Listen to Dr. Q. He is telling you the truth!
      >
      > I just got a copy of Our Slavic Fellow Citizens from a dealer back
      East.
      > The book was written in 1910, after extensive research and field
      work, by
      > Emily Balch. On the subject of Ruthenians, she says that
      they "have a most
      > confusing variety of names, and the situation is complicated by
      the fact
      > that the choice of one or another name often implies political
      > preferences."

      groups.
      > > Also avoid asking about Greek Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Ukrainian
      > > Catholic, Russian Orthodox. These subjects will elicit endless
      banter
      > > and opinions from a few members.
      > >
      > > The "s" in Rusyn is a standard "S" as in "sin", Rusyn is
      pronounced
      > > "ru" as in rule and "sin", there is no "sh" sound.
      > >
      > > Best of luck with the rusyns@yahoo
      > >
      > > Dr. "Q"
      > >
      > > Michael Mojher wrote:
      > >
      > >>For those wanting to know what a Rusyn is go to this article.
      > >>Michael Mojher
      > >>Shortcut to: http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/peters.htm

      email to
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > --
      7/14/2005

    • Dr. Joe Q.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2005
        Yes, it is a "noisy" site, but you will note that most of the noise
        comes from about 10 members.

        Dr. "Q"