Hargas of Morva Leskov

  • rabbit
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
      Paula,

      In this case I am looking for Michal Hargas~ from Morva Leskov/Morvaljesko -
      present day Moravske' Lieskove' near the Northern Border in West Slovakia
      just northwest of Nove' Mesto. Most immigrants with the surname came from
      nearby Myjava (to the West).

      I neither know the port of departure nor the port of entry. I only know that
      the 1920 Census places entry circa 1905. I first find him getting married in
      1911 and second registering for WWI.

      I have been unsuccessful with Ancestry.com and Ellis Island in this search.
      I don't believe that I am familiar with David Dreyer's site.

      Jim Crownover-
    • Paula
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2005
        I just did a search on the last name at www.surnamenavigator.org
        and came up with quite a few possibilities. If you've never used
        this site before, make sure you have your pop-up blocker turned off
        as it will bring up 13 new windows. I check my names out once a week
        on this site just in case something new has shown up.

        paula