Re: [S-R] Castle Garden Database is ONLINE

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3 7:39 PM
      Bill,
      I'm using Foxfire. The pages of names at first did not complete appear. When I clicked on Print Preview the total page could be seen, not only in Print Preview but then at the website. Interesting problem.
      Mike
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3 7:56 PM
        I have a friend that has a membership with Ancestry and she looked
        them up for me. The LDS I believe has the records also.
        Do you know what port they sailed from? My family sailed out of
        Bremen. Another place you might want to try is David Dreyer's
        database.
        What names are you looking for?

        paula

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4 4:55 AM
          I suspect the problem has something to do with your browser (or Windows)
          display/screen defaults. I've seen problems like this before and it usually
          was because the web designer didn't use a standard method for displaying the
          page.
          I think the ball is probably in the web sites' court. I hesitate to
          complain too quickly to them, since they are offering quite a bit of data
          for free.

          Perhaps a more computer-minded reader will come up with a clever fix,
          perhaps by adjusting some settings.

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4 5:38 AM
            On the Poland Border mail list, people have suggested pushing the "reload"
            or "refresh" button.

            Separately, I have also not found a way to do wildcard or partial searches.
            So if your name is misspelled badly, you may have to resort to the paid
            service. Other ideas are appreciated.

            ______________
            Bill Tarkulich

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 4 1:59 PM
              I found my great-grandfather in the Ellis Island and Castle Garden databases.

              Doris

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 4 4:35 PM
                Cool! Any suprises?

                > I found my great-grandfather in the Ellis Island and Castle Garden
                > databases.
                >
                > Doris

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Doris