[S-R] Re: PLICHTA Surname Database

  • geniekid39
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      Oh yes!! Everytime I found them, with some help, the name was spelled
      differently. It is Tomco on the deed, it is Tomchak on the early
      census and is Tomko on the 1930 census. Peter is Paul in the census;
      he was my Paul's father. He was born in 1906, so we put MARY TOMKO AT
      1904. These people could nither write nor read English. The
      grandfather sometime spelled Tomcho, when asked. Fun, right? Barbi---
      In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Frank R. Plichta"
      <frank.r.plichta@e...> wrote:
      > Barbi,
      >
      > Your Mary is a mystery to me.
      >
      > If her first child Mary was born in 1904 after having been gone for
      15
      > years, she would have been in Europe during the time of the 1900
      census.
      > After she returned to America you would think you could find her in
      the 1910
      > census but she would be listed with her married name Tomko.
      >
      > Have you searched the 1910, 1920 or 1930 censuses? You might try
      Thomas as
      > well as Tomko in your search. When I find some time I'll look also.
      >
      > I'll keep your message handy and check more later.
      > Frank

      May