Re: [S-R] An excellent researcher in Slovakia

  • Linda Hartlaub
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
      I believe he is. When we were there, he told me that his genealogy
      research allows him to make a decent living although he does get a little
      tired of being in dusty old archives. He would like to branch out and
      take more photos - both fine art and commercial.

      Linda

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
        I don't know which archives he is going to that are "dusty". Each archive
        that I visited in Wein, Bratislava, Kos^ice and Pres^ov were all
        immaculately clean.

        Frank

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          I think he was being facetious.

          LJH

        • Mary Anne Drobnak
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
            No, he spends quite a bit of time guiding the American
            tourists. Some hire him for a week at a time. I'm very
            excited over the 300 pictures he is sending us.
            Michael, I agree, is a wonderful investment.
            Mary Anne

            ---------------------------------
            I agree that Mick is very good, very helpful and a
            worthwhile
            "investment." His ability and willingness to conduct
            field work is as
            important as his archives/records research. This
            includes knocking on
            doors, taking photos, make meeting arrangements and
            locating important
            places is important. The most important skill and
            genealogist can have is
            the ability to put it all into context of time,
            history and culture. His
            intimate knowledge of Eastern Slovakia is a very good
            resource. Is he
            doing this work full-time now?

            Bill Tarkulich

            > I heartily concur. With a limited budget, Michael
            found my grandmother's
            > family in record time. When we made the trip to the
            Slovak Republic, we
            > were able to meet with my mother's cousin, her
            daughters, and her
            > daughers' children. He also found cemeteries,
            churches and for two days
            > showed us Slovak hospitality. And his rates are
            extremely reasonable.

            > Linda

            Yahoo! Terms of
            > Service.

            > --

            removed]

            send blank email to
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            To unsubscribe from this group, go to
            http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or-
            send blank email to

            Genealogy Family
            genealogy Family
            search internet genealogy service
            Genealogy
            family search
            Genealogy family tree
            Family tree maker genealogy site

            Terms of Service.

            ---------------------------------
          • Mary Anne Drobnak
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
              Thank you for telling me this. I hope others on the
              list read your message. Mary Anne

              --- Linda Hartlaub <ljhartlaub@...> wrote:

              ---------------------------------
[...]

              * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              Yahoo! Terms of
              Service.

            • Bratgirl54@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
                I agree with everyone with regard to Michael. He diligently researched my
                father's side of family -- located living relatives for me -- and supplied me
                with information and story background on my father's family. He's a
                hardworking man!
                Monica

                In a message dated 8/2/2005 8:40:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                choirmm@... writes:

[...]

                _Click Here!_ (mip://062f72a8/</FONT><A%20HREF=) ">Drug Abuse Can Be
                Prevented "One of the most effective drug prevention organizations" (NY Times)

                .

              • D. Radmacher

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
                    If you want to unsubscribe - go to the end of any of these messages and follow the link or use this.

                    To unsubscribe from this group, go to
                    http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or-
                    send blank email to

                    The list owner does not do this.