ANTOSEK

  • Michele Antosek
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 1999
      Hi,
      I'm new to this list and I hope I can get some positive feedback from
      the list.
      My grandfather, MICHAEL ANDREW ANTOSEK, came to the United States, in
      1900, from Budapest, Hungary. His mother's name was Regina Antosek and
      in my research, I have found that Michael Andrew Antosek was
      illegitimate. Even though he was born in O'Buda, Hungary, I have been
      told by several people that Antosek may be Czechoslovakian. Does
      anybody have any suggestions as to where I should turn next to look
      for my great grandfather or any Antosek's? With the "sek" ending, am I
      on the right track being on this list?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Michele Antosek
    • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 1999
        Hi Michele and welcome to the list....

        You say you have done some research, but unless you can tell us what
        you've done anything we suggest might be a moot point!

        Off hand, I can ask you

        Do you have his naturalization papers?
        Have you tracked him backwards from the 1920 census?
        Do you have wills, personal papers? Anything that might give you clues?

        Are you trying to find his mothers father, or his natural father?

        Tell us more about what you've done, and what you are looking for, then
        we can make some good suggestions for you to follow up on.

        Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
        sabinov@...
        Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)