Re: Slovak Language with the PC

  • amiak27
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2005
      This may address part of your problem, or your problem may lie
      elsewhere. All fonts are NOT created equal. SOme simply do not have
      the Slovak or East European characters that are called out by the keys
      you punch.

      On the other hand, I also started out using the software changes to
      switch langages, and I got most of the characters but not all. That
      seems to be be fixed since I brought back a Slovak keyboard from
      Slovakia. My original was a PS/2 keyboard that does not work with my
      new computer and USB connection (it takes both a mechanical adapter
      and evedently a signal votage change to switch to USB). So on this
      last trip I bought a Slovak USB board. This is what I get when I make
      the switch from EN to SK on numbers 1-9 and on to \:
      ;+¾šèžýáíé=´ò I had to do that to see how thez come out on the
      internet. Plus there is úäô§,.-

      I did notice the Word spell checker does not handle "don´t" as
      it does the normal English "don't"
      I would check the font zou are calling up, zou maz have to change to
      a "central european font".

      Ron