PLICHTA Surname Database

  • frank.r.plichta@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2005
      With fewer than 400 PLICHTAs in the United States and about 700 that I have
      found worldwide, the PLICHTA surname population is limited.

      I invite anyone searching for this surname to contact me and I'll be glad to
      search my databases. To my knowledge I have found the majority of records
      that have been properly indexed. There is a possibility that some
      individuals have been missed because they are mis-identified in the search
      functions.

      I have compiled the following databases:

      1. 1900 U.S.A. Census = 29 PLICHTAs (Completed)

      2. 1910 U.S.A. Census = 70 PLICHTAs (Completed)

      3. 1920 U.S.A. Census = 148 PLICHTAs (Completed)

      4. 1930 U.S.A. Census = 285 PLICHTAs (Completed)

      5. U.S.A. World War I Draft Registration = 37 PLICHTAs (Completed)

      6. Ellis Island for the period 1892 to 1924 = 162 PLICHTAs (Completed)

      7. Social Security Death Index = 207 PLICHTAs (Completed as of May 2005)

      8. U.S.A. Telephone Directories = 385 PLICHTAs (Complete but changing)

      9. Australia Telephone Directories = 14 PLICHTAs (Complete but changing)

      10. Austria Telephone Directories = 18 PLICHTAs (Complete but changing)

      11. Belgium Telephone Directories = 3 PLICHTAs (Complete but changing)

      12. Canada Telephone Directories = 12 PLICHTAs (Complete but changing)

      13. Czech Telephone Directories = 5 PLICHTAs (Incomplete search- more work
      to do)

      14. Germany Telephone Directories = 67 PLICHTAs (Complete but changing)

      15. Israel Telephone Directories = 1 PLICHTA (Incomplete search- more work
      to do)

      16. Polish Telephone Directories = 8 PLICHTAs (Incomplete search- more work
      to do)

      17. Slovak Telephone Directories = 36 PLICHTAs (Incomplete search- more work
      to do)

      18. Worldwide PLICHTA email addresses = 202 but constantly changing.

      If you have PLICHTAs in your family tree and can provide sufficient
      information to identify they, I'll be glad to search and share some
      information. Remember to include as much detail as possible because my
      database includes 23 Andrews, 28 Annas, 25 Franks, 15 Georges, 12 Helens, 50
      Johns, 47 Josephs, 22 Maria/Maries, 23 Marys, 15 Michaels and 11 Williams.
      Lesser numbers for other names.

      I do maintain privacy by limiting information only to individuals that I can
      clearly identify as belonging to one of my PLICHTA families.

      Frank R. Plichta

      Galax, Virginia

      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs."

    • geniekid39
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hello, A while ago, I talked to you. I still know nest to nothing
        about Mary except she was born in Ohio. While still an infant, her
        family returned to Hungary. She married <Michal Tomko(?) when she was
        15 or 16 and came back to the States. Her first child was Mary, born
        in 1904; her second child was Paul, born in 1906. She had at least
        seven more. They bought land, in 1907, in Truesdale Terrace, Hanover
        Township,WilkesBarre,PA. They built a house, raised a family and died
        there.
        The Tomkos were from Topola or Topalany. Zemplen Co.,Hungary.I assume
        Mary was from somewhere nearby. I have had some help on this family
        from two knowledgable gentleman (R.Custer & F. Kurchina).
        If you know of this female I would love some help. It is amazing to me
        that these teenage gals were willing to trave thousands of miles to
        new lands.
        Sincerely,Barbi Tomko

      • Frank R. Plichta
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
          Barbi,

          Your Mary is a mystery to me.

          If her first child Mary was born in 1904 after having been gone for 15
          years, she would have been in Europe during the time of the 1900 census.
          After she returned to America you would think you could find her in the 1910
          census but she would be listed with her married name Tomko.

          Have you searched the 1910, 1920 or 1930 censuses? You might try Thomas as
          well as Tomko in your search. When I find some time I'll look also.

          I'll keep your message handy and check more later.
          Frank

> [...]
          > to do)
          >
          > 17. Slovak Telephone Directories = 36 PLICHTAs (Incomplete search-
          more work
          > to do)
          >
          > 18. Worldwide PLICHTA email addresses = 202 but constantly changing.
          >

          > If you have PLICHTAs in your family tree and can provide sufficient
          > information to identify they, I'll be glad to search and share some
          > information. Remember to include as much detail as possible because my
          > database includes 23 Andrews, 28 Annas, 25 Franks, 15 Georges, 12
          Helens, 50
          > Johns, 47 Josephs, 22 Maria/Maries, 23 Marys, 15 Michaels and 11
          Williams.
          > Lesser numbers for other names.
          >

          > I do maintain privacy by limiting information only to individuals
          that I can
          > clearly identify as belonging to one of my PLICHTA families.

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • geniekid39
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
            Oh yes!! Everytime I found them, with some help, the name was spelled
            differently. It is Tomco on the deed, it is Tomchak on the early
            census and is Tomko on the 1930 census. Peter is Paul in the census;
            he was my Paul's father. He was born in 1906, so we put MARY TOMKO AT
            1904. These people could nither write nor read English. The
            grandfather sometime spelled Tomcho, when asked. Fun, right? Barbi---