FOURTH ANNIVERSARY of The Slovak Import Company

  • Dan Kisha
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2005
      This is the 4th Anniversary of the Slovak Import Company and I
      thought I would share with you a brief history of how the Company
      was started, plus some thoughts on Slovakia. In addition, to
      commemorate this anniversary there are a few sale items.

      In 2001 I was visiting family in Krpelany, Slovakia (near Martin)
      and asked if they new someone who sold Slovak products. They
      directed me to a family who sold Slovak products via displays at
      expositions world wide. This family gave me a tour of there home
      which contained hundreds of exquisitely beautiful Slovak artwork.
      I was stunned at the beauty of these items. However, after
      several months of delays in dealing with these people, nothing
      happened. In July of 2001, I decided to travel around Slovakia,
      with camera in hand, to visit companies making crystal glass,
      Modra ceramics and many other products. Shortly after that I
      turned my Prodigy personal web site into what is now the Slovak
      Import Company and started displaying pictures of Slovakia and
      products from Slovakia.

      Need to mention that in about 1975, I was working and living near
      Greenwich, CT. One day I was looking for an address near Mt.
      Kisko, New York and noticed this very large warehouse called the
      Polish Import Company. Inside the warehouse I saw it was chock
      full of products. At the time, wondered why I had never heard of
      anything like this for the then Czechoslovakia. Had visited
      Czechoslovakia several times by then and new the difficulties of
      entering and traveling in Slovakia, but it never dawned on me on
      how this restricted commerce with Czechoslovakia.

      For this FOURTH ANNIVERSARY sale:

      1) Slovak Bumper Sticker 30 % off the http://www.slovakic.com
      price.

      2) Slovak Flags 20% off the http://www.slovakic.com price.

      3) Everything else in stock in the US 10 % off the
      http://www.slovakic.com price. If it is not in stock in the US
      there is still a 10 % discount, but the shipping cost may be
      slightly higher.

      4) Sale Ends August 23rd, 2005.

      Dan Kisha daniel.kisha@...

      Slovak Import Company

      New WWW Address: http://www.slovakic.com
      <http://www.slovakic.com/>

      Ebay WWW Address:
      http://www.ebaystores.ebay.com/slovakimportcompany?refid=store

      Phone number in the US: 410 273 1149

    • James McGrath
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hi everyone! Another family name in my family tree is
        Posk. It seems pretty rare - could it be a variation
        on another name, such as Posch or Poszek? Any thoughts
        or suggestions would be welcome!

        Thanks!

        James McGrath

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs