Hungarian Census

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2000
      Julie,

      Where are the Hungarian census records located on the
      http://www.familysearch.org/ site?

      Thanks.

      Dr. "Q"

      "J. Michutka" wrote:

      > From: "J. Michutka" <jmm@...>
      >
      > This was very helpful--thank you! Looks like the film numbers I managed to
      > get off the website are all that is currently available.
      >
      > And if my ancestors aren't listed, then I've still learned something--that
      > they were most likely among the landless peasants. But I've always
      > maintained that I come from a long line of peasants!
      >
      > Julie Michutka
      > jmm@...
      >

      > >The 1828 Hungarian census was a land and property census. It is
      > >written in Latin and lists only the names of property owners, not
      > >landless peasants.
    • J. Michutka
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24 5:30 PM
        Hi,

        I'm in the process of weeding out my in-box, and realized this msg was
        labeled "to reply" but don't know if I ever did reply. Do you still need
        the info?

        Julie
        jmm@...

        At 06:55 PM 3/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
        >From: "Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock" <judyq@...>
        >
        >Julie,
        >
        >Where are the Hungarian census records located on the
        >http://www.familysearch.org/ site?
        >
        >Thanks.
        >
        >Dr. "Q"
        >
        >"J. Michutka" wrote:
        >
        >> From: "J. Michutka" <jmm@...>
        >>
        >> This was very helpful--thank you! Looks like the film numbers I managed to
        >> get off the website are all that is currently available.
        >>
        >> And if my ancestors aren't listed, then I've still learned something--that
        >> they were most likely among the landless peasants. But I've always
        >> maintained that I come from a long line of peasants!
        >>
        >> Julie Michutka
        >> jmm@...
        >>

        >> >The 1828 Hungarian census was a land and property census. It is
        >> >written in Latin and lists only the names of property owners, not
        >> >landless peasants.

        >DON'T HATE YOUR RATE!
        >Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as
        >0.0% Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.
        >Apply NOW!

      • J. Michutka
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24 6:04 PM
          So sorry, group! I meant that to go to one person, not the list!

          Julie