Re: [S-R] Re: Land claim petition

  • bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2005
      Hi Peter, et. al.,
      Bill here, just crawling back out of the woods after a wonderful wilderness
      retreat.

      In summary, what I hear you saying is that the "unknown owner" claims process
      ends 31 August 2005.

      What I'm uncertain of is what the free online list (geoportal.sk) will
      contain.
      Is it going to be updated after 31 August? I always thought it was simply a
      "snapshot in time." So, if someone makes a successful claim, that entry be
      removed from the list. But will it also be removed from the online list? I
      also thought that all remaining "unknowns" would be removed from the list,
      replace by state ownership.

      I thought the purpose of having an online list was to assist in locating
      "unknowns". Why would the government need to leave this list
      online,after that
      date? After 31 August, it serves the government no interest to keep it
      online.
      No?

      Thanks for all your knowledge.
      Bill