Re: [S-R] Land Claim expectations

  • Bratgirl54@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2005
      I agree with your statement wholeheartedly and hope my Kuruc ancestors are
      aware of the land available in Kocise. I've forwarded the site to my American
      relatives in anticipation they will contact who I cannot in a sufficient
      amount of time to be able to claim property. As told by my cousin who is
      Slovakia citizen but currently living in the US -- she told me her grandfather's
      property was governed by a cousin during communist time and her grandfather
      never regained that property back as his own. One cousin lived as what they
      know as comfortable conditions compared to the other (and they are first
      cousins) during that time. I was saddened to learn of this type of family anmosity.
      I also have to admit that: Yes, we do have much more here in the US, but
      the perception that American-Slovakians have more money isn't a real
      statement of truth. My mother-in-law would tell me that even distant cousins would
      write to them asking for money. They would send what they could, because
      land in the US for my in-laws was bought and farmed as they did in their
      homeland country,. The US economy placed high taxes on our taxes, income, savings,
      etc., and not to mention the cost of living rising. With their education
      (which usually was no school or some school), and work experience -- they
      were limited and ended up selling off property here in the US to be able to
      still live free in this country and afford their food. They work hard and live
      day-to-day now in anticipation their money will last. A small price to pay
      for their freedom, yes. Perfect example, I am American born in the US, but my
      heritage background is Slovakia (both parents). I have and good salary as
      an American female, yet this salary takes me from payday to payday. I pay
      dearly for my medical benefits, my property taxes, and care for parents and
      in-laws, and what have you. Yet, I have always had my freedom. I know I have
      claims to some property on the list, but wouldn't comprehend even putting my
      hand on it. It was never really mine to begin with. But I would also hope
      that some of everyone's Slovakian relatives living in Slovakia may understand
      that not all of their US relatives have the income to be able to share.
      Bill, I hope everyone in the US who does have claim to property in Slovakia
      does give it back to their relatives living in Slovakia. They do, as you
      state, so truly deserve it.

    • bemimitwo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2005
        THANKS BILL,
        For reminding us of what we have and who got it for us.
        we americans live with wants and they live with needs!
        It was well taken and well said.
        Jennifer