How to claim property?

  • sevilleb@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2005
      Peter,

      I am a direct descendant of names listed on the unclaimed owners list in slovakia. I have proof of relationship - how do I submit a claim for this?

      Barbara

    • Peter Nagy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2005
        Hi all,

        I would like to respond the recent posting concerning the land ownership
        in Slovakia.

        I repeat the English URL site:
        http://www.geoportal.sk/roep/e.php

        Let me to quote the site:
        ----------------------------
        If you have found the names of your parents or relatives in this search
        engine you should:

        - In case of living owners please send the above-mentioned documentation
        to the district cadastral registry in a relevant district
        - In case your parents or relatives are not living, please send the
        assignment of inheritance and information about the heirs or other
        documents concerning the relevant real properties
        - If the inheritance has not been legalized yet, please send the
        relevant documents to the district court for inheritance proceedings.
        Then you can apply for the entry of the title to real estate in the
        Cadastre of Real Estate.
        End of quotation
        ----------------------------

        All the correspondence and documents must be in Slovak. There are no
        standard forms to be filled, each claim (petition) must be set up
        individually. Somebody, who would like to claim has the following options:
        - involve relatives living in Slovakia to submit the claim
        - hire somebody in Slovakia as its agent

        More on this topic is here:
        http://www.centroconsult.sk/genealogy/land.html

        Peter

        --