RE: [S-R] Koschulna?

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
      I'll bet it is Kiscsula in Hunyad megye, now in Romania.

      Janet

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
        That sounds more likely than my suggestion of Kiscsula.

        Janet

        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
          At 04:40 AM 8/07/2005, you wrote:
          >You should be able to reach Peter Nagy via his web site
          >http://www.centroconsult.sk/
          >or via e-mail nagy@...

          and Vladimir at his email address konekta@...

          Nick
        • Kathryn L. Turk
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
            "Szepes" (Hungary) = Spi� (Slovakia) county/region: Try C~erven� Kla�tor
            near the Polish border on the Dunajec River.
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 8, 2005
              There is a roman-catholic seminary in Spisska Kapitula (part
              of Spisske Podhradie).

              The seminary was founded on November 11, 1815.

              During the communist regime it was closed (1950-1990)

              website http://www.kapitula.sk/Seminar/index.html - Slovak
              only

              Ladislav

              > Is anyone aware of the existence of a 'Szepes
              > Seminary', possibly in Szepesvaralja/Spisske
              > Podhradie? If so, please let me know - it turns out
              > one of my ancestors worked there in the mid-1800s.
              > Thanks!
              >
              > James

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • James McGrath
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 8, 2005
                Thank you so much for the information! My
                great-great-great-grandfather apparently was a
                'servant' (claviger) there, according to the note in
                the parish record when he served as godparent to my
                great-grandfather. Perhaps if I contact the seminary I
                may be able to find out more, however little!

                Yours gratefully,

                James

                --- laco R <diskusie@...> wrote:

                > There is a roman-catholic seminary in Spisska
                > Kapitula (part
                > of Spisske Podhradie).
                >
                > The seminary was founded on November 11, 1815.
                >
                > During the communist regime it was closed
                > (1950-1990)
                >
                > website http://www.kapitula.sk/Seminar/index.html -
                > Slovak
                > only
                >

                > Ladislav

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • margesonny
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 28, 2009
                  I have seen his hame mentioned a few times and am wondering who he is.

                  Margaret
                • Michael Mojher
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 28, 2009
                    Margaret,
                    Here is the link to Peter's homepage - http://www.geocities.com/peternagy.geo/

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 31, 2009
                      This is Peter's professional page. It's up to date.
                      http://www.centroconsult.sk/

                      Bill