Peter Nagy

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
      You should be able to reach Peter Nagy via his web site
      http://www.centroconsult.sk/
      or via e-mail nagy@...
    • nhasior@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
        suzieforehand@... writes:
        Vladimir
        suzie,
        in trying to email Vladimir Bohinc, have you tried
        konekta@...
        he is usually quite good about replying to email.
        if you know the church where your grandparents had their children baptized,
        you could probably research the church ledger for the towns where your
        grandparents came from.
        Noreen

      • Frank R. Plichta
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
          The best I can find is Koscholna.

          Koscholna is a location name, first used in 1786, for the location known
          today as Kos^olna'. Kos^olna' is located approximately 11 KM Northwest of
          Trnava. It is also 3KM Southeast of Dolne' Ores^ay.

          Source of information: Na'zvy obci' Slovenskej Republiky (Vy'vin V rokoch
          1773-1997) VEDA, vydavatel'stvo Slovenskej akade'mie vied, Bratislava, 1998.

          Enjoy,
          Frank Plichta
          Searching the World for Plichtas.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
            I'll bet it is Kiscsula in Hunyad megye, now in Romania.

            Janet

            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
              That sounds more likely than my suggestion of Kiscsula.

              Janet

              One more question. There is a reference in an Ellis
              Island ship manifest to a cousin of a relative of
              mine, living in a place called Koschulna. The manifest
              is typed, so it is presumably not a misspelling. Does
              anyone know if this is perhaps a way of referring to
              'greater Kosice' or something like that? Any
              suggestions would be welcome.

              Thanks again!

              James

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Nick Holcz
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
                At 04:40 AM 8/07/2005, you wrote:
                >You should be able to reach Peter Nagy via his web site
                >http://www.centroconsult.sk/
                >or via e-mail nagy@...

                and Vladimir at his email address konekta@...

                Nick
              • Kathryn L. Turk
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2005
                  "Szepes" (Hungary) = Spi� (Slovakia) county/region: Try C~erven� Kla�tor
                  near the Polish border on the Dunajec River.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 8, 2005
                    There is a roman-catholic seminary in Spisska Kapitula (part
                    of Spisske Podhradie).

                    The seminary was founded on November 11, 1815.

                    During the communist regime it was closed (1950-1990)

                    website http://www.kapitula.sk/Seminar/index.html - Slovak
                    only

                    Ladislav

                    > Is anyone aware of the existence of a 'Szepes
                    > Seminary', possibly in Szepesvaralja/Spisske
                    > Podhradie? If so, please let me know - it turns out
                    > one of my ancestors worked there in the mid-1800s.
                    > Thanks!
                    >
                    > James

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • James McGrath
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 8, 2005
                      Thank you so much for the information! My
                      great-great-great-grandfather apparently was a
                      'servant' (claviger) there, according to the note in
                      the parish record when he served as godparent to my
                      great-grandfather. Perhaps if I contact the seminary I
                      may be able to find out more, however little!

                      Yours gratefully,

                      James

                      --- laco R <diskusie@...> wrote:

                      > There is a roman-catholic seminary in Spisska
                      > Kapitula (part
                      > of Spisske Podhradie).
                      >
                      > The seminary was founded on November 11, 1815.
                      >
                      > During the communist regime it was closed
                      > (1950-1990)
                      >
                      > website http://www.kapitula.sk/Seminar/index.html -
                      > Slovak
                      > only
                      >

                      > Ladislav

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • margesonny
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 28, 2009
                        I have seen his hame mentioned a few times and am wondering who he is.

                        Margaret
                      • Michael Mojher
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 28, 2009
                          Margaret,
                          Here is the link to Peter's homepage - http://www.geocities.com/peternagy.geo/

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 31, 2009
                            This is Peter's professional page. It's up to date.
                            http://www.centroconsult.sk/

                            Bill