Re: [S-R] The list of unknown owners

  • Barbara/Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
      I see a family name on the list of unknown owners....too bad I don't have
      enough corroborating info to make a claim. It's the right family name and
      the right area.....Rats!

      PINDROCH, ANDREJ IN THE SNINA AREA.

      Barbara - Uprooting family trees

      "Pray for AMERICA"
    • Joyce & Bill
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
        Peter,

        This is all very interesting, especially when one finds their relatives listed. I found 2 nephews of my grandmother listed and a couple more that I don't know who they may be, possibly their children although the property numbers are different. I have tried to find their descendants but with no luck. How can someone like me lay claim to any property of a deceased first cousin once removed? Seems like it would be a red tape night mare. My only interest would be giving it to some living relatives that I do know there. I am sure there must be others like me in this situation.

        Thanks,
        Joyce

        >From: Peter Nagy <nagy@...>
        >Date: Tue Jul 05 10:05:03 CDT 2005
        >To: Slovak Roots <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [S-R] The list of unknown owners

        >The English version of the unknown land owners in Slovakia was launched:
        >http://www.geoportal.sk/roep/e.php
        >
        >Peter
        >--
        >Cilistovska 20
        >931 01 Samorin
        >Slovak Republic
        >
        >tel: +421 31 560 0641
        >fax: +421 31 560 0642
        >mobile: +421 905 490 552
        ><callto://papusko>
        >www.centroconsult.sk <http://www.centroconsult.sk>
        >www.cpr.uibk.org <http://www.cpr.uibk.org/>

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
          Thanks Peter for posting this. Like others, I see a whole list of
          properties for relatives. One question that comes quickly to mind is
          whether they are aware of this. It would seem the Slovak online
          version was up for a while, and before that probably letters sent out.
          Two months isn't much time before the deadline, though at least we are
          all aware of it. John
        • Peter Nagy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2005
            Joyce,

            You asked me: How can someone like me lay claim to any property of a
            deceased first cousin once removed? My answer is, that it is not
            possible. In Slovakia only the direct descendants, siblings and nephews
            and nieces are eligible heirs. Did your deceased first cousin once
            removed have descendants? They could claim.

            Kind regards,

            Peter
            --
            Cilistovska 20
            931 01 Samorin
            Slovak Republic

            tel: +421 31 560 0641
            fax: +421 31 560 0642
            mobile: +421 905 490 552
            <callto://papusko>
            www.centroconsult.sk <http://www.centroconsult.sk>
            www.cpr.uibk.org <http://www.cpr.uibk.org/>
          • Suzie Forehand
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9, 2005
              Dear Mr. Nagy,

              I have been trying to contact you via the email address listed on your website, but my server will not put me through.

              I am interested in hiring you to do some research for me regarding three names and hopefully to locate some living relatives in Slovakia.

              Thank you for your time,

              Suzie Forehand