Re: Borova and Budmerice, SLOVAKIA

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2005
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@r...>
      wrote:
      > The great pity is that you can't start researching the old church
      > records locally. What you CAN do is to locate your nearest LDS
      Family
      > History Center (FHC) and research the fiche series #6000786. That
      will
      > tell you what church records exist in the (named) Slovak Archive.
      > These HAVE been filmed by LDS and WILL be released SOME DAY.
      >
      > FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
      > Survey of parish registers in Slovakia up to the time of civil
      > registration. Provides details of church records that are held in
      > Slovak archives. Index is on fiche #6 and page references refer
      > to different religions.
      >
      > When indexed, these church records will be available on film via
      your
      > LDS Family History Center.
      > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp

      ahoj !

      To the best of my information.

      The LDS-Mormons has filmed all the parish church records at six
      of the seven regional Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.
      But, they have not filmed the Main Bratislava Archives as yet.
      Boravá and Budmerice each have a church and a chapel.

      The R.C. parish church records for Boravá (1687-1901) would be listed
      under Dlhá (of which there are a number of Dlhá located in Slovakia)

      The R.C. parish church for Budmerice (1774-1895) are listed under
      Budmerice.
      These also have not been filmed as yet by the LDS-Mormons.

      So researcher needs to write to the Main Bratislava Archives to
      research their surnames.
      It will costs $$ to have archives research surnames and the research
      reports will be written in Slovak.

      Good luck !
      Vela' s^ta'stia !
      Minden jo't !