MERTH, SCHNEIDER, OBENAUS from Bohemia

  • Thomas Pluth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
      Greetings Group;

      I am Tom, a new member here, and I am researching the
      above surnames. Here is a little about them.

      I need info on family of Jakob MERTH, b. 13 Jul 1800
      in Oberbaumgarten (which is now Horni Pena, I
      believe), d. 24 Mar 1843 in same place. He was
      married to Rosalia OBENAUS(b. 3 Sept 1813, d. 14 Mar
      1869). Her parents were Franz OBENAUS and Rosalie
      Scheler. They had at least one son, Ignatz (or
      Ignatius) MERTH (b. 18 Jul 1834, d. 27 Apr 1884 in
      Bohemia). I am looking for info on Jakob's parents,
      Johan MERTH (b. 1765) and Rosalia WAGERIN.

      I think my OBENAUS' were from Dolni Zdar, near Horni
      Pena; I know Ignatz married Theresa OBENAUS
      (OBENHAUS) and she was from there.

      I am also looking for the parents and family of
      Mathias SCHNEIDER (b. 15 Feb 1834 in Oberbaumgarten
      (?), d. 15 Feb 1914 in Sleepy Eye, MN) His wife was
      Agnes OBENAUS (b. 14 Jan 1832 in Bohemia, d. 22 Apr
      1908 in Sleepy Eye). I believe she was related to the
      OBENAUS' mentioned above.

      Anyone with any information would be appreciated
      greatly. If I can help you, let me know.

      Tom
      Orlando, FL

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
        The records of the Czech Archives have not been filmed by LDS. The
        following document may assist you in having the archives do your
        research for a fee.

        WRITING TO ARCHIVES
        For Czech and Slovak research letter writing help, go to:
        Click on SEARCH
        Click on RESEARCH HELPS
        Click on the letter "C"
        Scroll to the bottom of the page
        Select and print PDF document Czech and Slovak Letter-writing Guide
        Also select and print PDF document Czech Word List
      • Joe zima
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
          Thomas Pluth <gruntleader@...> wrote:
[...]

          Hi Tom,

          I did a little searching in Leo Baca's Czech Immigration Passenger Lists books and I found the following in Volume IV --- New York Passenger Lists 1847-1869:

          SCHNEIDER, Math. 34, Agn. 36, Josefa 12, Anna 9, Carl 5, Marie 3, Ignatz 2, Marie 1/4. Bohemia. Arrived on the Circassian 10 June 1868.

          I would say that these are your Mathias and Agnes from Oberbaumgarten.

          I can tell you a little about Dolni Zdar (Niedermuhl) and Horni Pena (Oberbaumgarten) if you will contact me at my email address.

          Joe Zima

          Tinley Park (Chicago suburb) IL