Can Someone Help Jackie

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2005
      Since my return Jackie Stitch has asked if I might help her with her genealogy. I do not have the access to resources that some of you have.
      I tried Ellis Island, but even with the specific information she gave I came up empty handed.
      Attached are the e-mails that she has sent me.
      Michael Mojher

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2005
        Jackie's e-mail attachments did not come through on the first request. Here they are. I was able to give her the name of the river and the name of the church. But have not been able to give her anymore.
        Michael Mojher

        CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT MY GRAND-GREAT PARENTS OR WHAT?
        I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
        THANK YOU, JACKIE STICH

        I AM JUST WONDERING ABOUT NAME THE RIVER AT NORTHERN EASTERN SLOVAKIA NAME TOWN IS BARDEJOV AND WHAT NAME CATHOLIC CHURCH NEAR THE TOWN? AND NEED ADDRESS TOO FOR LOOK MY GREAT-GRANDFATHER ANDREW DANKO - ANN ORANGISTA LIVE THERE- MARRIAGES-DEATH- BAPTISM FLIES RECORD. I AM SURE YOU HAD GOOD TIME OVER THERE.
        I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON SMILE.
        THANK YOU, JACKIE STICH

        I AM GLAD TO KNOW NAME OF RIVER AND CHURCH TOO. I AM TRYING LOOK FOR MY GREAT-GRAND FATHER ANDREW BORN EST 1859 AND MARRIED 1879 HUNGARY OR CZ AND ANN ORGANISTA. BORN EST 1863 AND MAYBE HE WAS 10 YEAR OLD AND HIS BRIDE MUST BE16 NOT SURE YET. HIS SON AS MY GRAND FATHER JOSEPH STEVEN DANKO WAS BORN IN SAROS COUNTY , HUNGARY IN MARCH 18, 1885 AND DIED JANUARY 4,1964 AT LITTLE FALLS, MORRISON, MINNESOTA. YES, I LIKE HEAR ABOUT YOUR TRIP AND I AM INTERESTING ABOUT SLOVAKIA ABOUT MY GREAT-GRAND PARENTS AND THEY USED LIVING FARM.
        I AM JUST WONDERING THE HOUSE AS THEY LIVING IT AS COMFORTABLE OR NOT. THAT TIME NO CARS AND USE OXEN FOR RIDE OR ON THE FIELD TOO..
        I AM COLLECTING MY FAMILY TREE DANKO HISTORY.
        HAVE A GREAT DAY. I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
        THANK YOU, JACKIE STICH

        MY GREAT-GRAND PARENTS ANDREW DANKO BORN HUNGARY- ANN ORGANISTA NEVER COME TO UNITED STATES AND LIVED FARM - DIE OVER THERE AND JOSEPH STEVEN DANKO DID COME UNITED STATES IN JUNE21, 1905 BY THE SHIP NAME S.S DEUTSCHLAND 1900 HAMBURG - AMAERCIAN LINE. I HAVE ALL THEIR KIDS ARE FIVE COMES TO UNITED STATES.
        I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON ..
        THANK YOU,JACKIE STICH

        YES, HE WAS ARRIVED IN NEW YORK IN ELLIS ISLAND IN JUNE 21, 1905 FROM GERMANY PORT AND MAYBE IN 1902. HE WAS FIRST COME TO AMERCIA LATER HIS SISTERS-BROTHERS.
        I THINK HE MUST BE 19YEAR OLD THEN.
        I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
        THANK YOU,JACKIE STICH

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2005
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@j...>
          wrote:
          > Since my return Jackie Stitch has asked if I might help her
          with her genealogy. I do not have the access to resources that some of
          you have.
          > I tried Ellis Island, but even with the specific information she
          gave I came up empty handed.
          > Attached are the e-mails that she has sent me.
          > Michael Mojher

          Michael

          Jackie S seeks the surnames Danko or Danyko (Dan'ko) from Slovakia.
          EIR list 1684 surname bearers Danko and 84 surname Danyko bearers
          who had emigrated (1892-1924)
          Probably 2500-3500 surname Danko bearers just in the US.

          Organista doesn't look like a Slovak (Slavic) surname ?
          Organista is a Romance language spelling probably Spanish.
          The surname Organista does appear in Poland.

          Expect she wants the R.C. parish church records for St. Andrew the
          Apostle church, Magyarkopronca (H) Koprivnica (Sk), okres Bardejov.
          LDS-Mormons filmed the Roman Catholic parish registers (1844-1908) for
          Koprivnica, Slovakia, formerly Kaproncza, Sáros megye(county),
          Hungary.
          Text in Latin and Hungarian.
          film # 1792768

          In Hungarian the matriky are titled
          Anyakönyvek.
          Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

          In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
          Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
          Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
          Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

          Only the film headers are written in Slovak "matriky"
          (parish church records)
          Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
          Sobás^ení = Marriages
          Zomrelí = Deaths

          Krstení­ 1853-1871 Zomrelí­ 1855-1878 Krstení­ 1872-1877
          1848-1878 Krstení­ 1878 Zomrelí­ 1878 Krstení­ 1879-1908 Zomrelí­
          1879-1908 Sobás^ení­ 1878-1908 DRUHOPISY
          Krstení, Sobás^ení,Zomrelí­1860-1895

          Frank K