Re: Help reading passenger manifest

  • Bohdana Badzio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
      Thank you, John, Frank, and everyone else who replied. "Mrs. Laszlo"
      has crossed my mind, but I couldn't think what it might be. Laszloyne
      it is.

      The town name is, to my best knowledge, Nagymogyoros, which is now
      Kopynivtsi, Mukachevo district, Ukraine. I know there were several
      similarly sounding town names, including a Nagymagyar which, according
      to Majta~n, is Zlate Klasy. However, a bunch of Badzos came from that
      part of Transcarpathia which is now Mukachevo district, including a
      Laszlo Badzo from a much-more-legible Nagymogyoros, on a separate date.

      Thank you again for your help,

      Bohdana

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@r...> wrote:
      > I think that the name is the female form used to indicate "wife of
      > Laszlo" or Mrs. Laszlo. That would be Laszloyne.
      >
      > My reading of the village name is (possibly) Nagymagyaros (Pozsony
      > Megye). If I refer to a modern map, that would be Zlate Klasy, due
      > east of Bratislva. Can you verify that village from other sources?
      >
      > Western Slovakia church records have not yet been released by LDS.
      > Those records might serve to confirm births, marriages, etc.
      >
      > Interesting side note, Mihaly Marczinko on Line 2 is in my family tree
      > database.
    • Peter Nagy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
        Bohdana,

        > The name I'm interested in is that of his wife in column 11.

        I read the name as:
        Badzó Lászlóné
        In Hungarian this means "wife of Badzó László".

        Peter

        --
        Cilistovska 20
        931 01 Samorin