Nagy Magyar/Rastuce/Zlate' Klasy RE: [S-R] Re: Help reading passenger manifest

  • frank.r.plichta@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
      Nagy Magyar used in 1773 later known in 1948--1960 as Rastice or Nagymagyar
      (1938--1945 hungarian) or Grossmagendorf (1920 german), today since 1960 is
      Zlate' Klasy.

      Source 1: Vlastivedny' Slovni'k obci' na Slovensku, 1978, Veda,
      Vydavatel'stvo Slovenskej Akade'mie Vied, Bratislave, Volume III, page 353.

      Source 2: Na'zvy Obci' Slovenskej Republiky (Vy'vin v rokoch 1773-1997),
      VEDA, vydavatel'stvo Slovenskej akade'mie vied, Pratislava 1998, page 346.

      Enjoy,
      Plichta

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
        Thank you, John, Frank, and everyone else who replied. "Mrs. Laszlo"
        has crossed my mind, but I couldn't think what it might be. Laszloyne
        it is.

        The town name is, to my best knowledge, Nagymogyoros, which is now
        Kopynivtsi, Mukachevo district, Ukraine. I know there were several
        similarly sounding town names, including a Nagymagyar which, according
        to Majta~n, is Zlate Klasy. However, a bunch of Badzos came from that
        part of Transcarpathia which is now Mukachevo district, including a
        Laszlo Badzo from a much-more-legible Nagymogyoros, on a separate date.

        Thank you again for your help,

        Bohdana

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@r...> wrote:
        > I think that the name is the female form used to indicate "wife of
        > Laszlo" or Mrs. Laszlo. That would be Laszloyne.
        >
        > My reading of the village name is (possibly) Nagymagyaros (Pozsony
        > Megye). If I refer to a modern map, that would be Zlate Klasy, due
        > east of Bratislva. Can you verify that village from other sources?
        >
        > Western Slovakia church records have not yet been released by LDS.
        > Those records might serve to confirm births, marriages, etc.
        >
        > Interesting side note, Mihaly Marczinko on Line 2 is in my family tree
        > database.
      • Peter Nagy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2005
          Bohdana,

          > The name I'm interested in is that of his wife in column 11.

          I read the name as:
          Badzó Lászlóné
          In Hungarian this means "wife of Badzó László".

          Peter

          --
          Cilistovska 20
          931 01 Samorin