Re: [S-R] Travel In Slovakia

  • Peter Pikna
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 6, 2005
      Dorene,

      I recommend to you (if you are decided for public transport) visit at first
      Krakov with direct train from Prague (21,03, arriving to Krakov 5,30 with
      sleeping carriage), spend a day in Krakow and in the evening go to Trstena
      (you must four times change) or your relatives can take away from Krakow to
      Trstena by a car. I can prepare a itinerary for your trips in the High
      Tatra. I will on a short vacation after 10 days in this region (in the town
      Namestovo) and I can look for any other form of transport. You can write me
      on my direct e-mail

      Peter

      MSN Pocasie vam umozni naplanovat si den a tyzden. http://www.msn.sk/weather
    • D. Radmacher
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 7, 2005
        Peter: that would be wonderful. Can you please give me your email address? It doesn't show up on mine.

        Thank you so much.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 12, 2005
          John: thank you for this information. I will be going to the LDS church where I live. I have been there before but not looking for my Slovakian roots, so will do that before I leave. I am such a rank beginner and have so little information, it is difficult to get started.

          Dorene
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 12, 2005
            "I will be going to the LDS church where I live."

            Actually, you want to go to the Family History Center/Centre (FHC) and
            not the Mormon Temple. You can look up the address and hours of
            operation on the LDS web site.

            The film of Slovak church records will take about a month to arrive
            and it will cost you C$6 for four weeks rental and rental can be
            renewed.

            My local FHC closes for vacation for most of July.