Re: [S-R] Travel In Slovakia

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 6, 2005
      mgmojher@...
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: D. Radmacher
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 9:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Travel In Slovakia

      Michael . . . please give me your direct email address and I will write directly to you. Thank you for the offer.

      Dorene
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 6, 2005
        Dorene,

        I recommend to you (if you are decided for public transport) visit at first
        Krakov with direct train from Prague (21,03, arriving to Krakov 5,30 with
        sleeping carriage), spend a day in Krakow and in the evening go to Trstena
        (you must four times change) or your relatives can take away from Krakow to
        Trstena by a car. I can prepare a itinerary for your trips in the High
        Tatra. I will on a short vacation after 10 days in this region (in the town
        Namestovo) and I can look for any other form of transport. You can write me
        on my direct e-mail

        Peter

        MSN Pocasie vam umozni naplanovat si den a tyzden. http://www.msn.sk/weather
      • D. Radmacher
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 7, 2005
          Peter: that would be wonderful. Can you please give me your email address? It doesn't show up on mine.

          Thank you so much.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 12, 2005
            John: thank you for this information. I will be going to the LDS church where I live. I have been there before but not looking for my Slovakian roots, so will do that before I leave. I am such a rank beginner and have so little information, it is difficult to get started.

            Dorene
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 12, 2005
              "I will be going to the LDS church where I live."

              Actually, you want to go to the Family History Center/Centre (FHC) and
              not the Mormon Temple. You can look up the address and hours of
              operation on the LDS web site.

              The film of Slovak church records will take about a month to arrive
              and it will cost you C$6 for four weeks rental and rental can be
              renewed.

              My local FHC closes for vacation for most of July.