RE: [S-R] Stara bystrica

  • Peter Pikna
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6 10:42 PM
      Francoise,
      Obersztrece is hungarian name for Stara Bystrica. This name was using during
      pertiod 1867-1918. Before the period were using both names and after WW
      there was using only the Slovak names. There were living only Slovaks and in
      19th and 20th centuries a small Jewish community (less 200 people)
      Skorvaga is in the region a common surname.. If you need any help in your
      research I can help you with it. My daughters are translator to French
      language (the eldest daughter graduaded university in Bordeaux) and they can
      help you during your visit in Slovakia.

      Have a nice week

      Peter

      >From: "Converset" <dconverset@...>
      >To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [S-R] Stara bystrica
      >Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:03:50 -0000
      >
      >My ancestor Adam skorvaga went in France in 1800. when he married a
      >french woman he said he come from Stara Bystrica.
      >How is it possible for him to said that, if the village's name was at
      >this period �bersztrece ?
      >When did �'bersztrece become stara bystrica ?
      >At this time what was Upper Hungary ?
      >Thank you for your answer.
      >
      >Fran�oise
      >
      >From LDS micro films we found the parents of Adam. But the name he
      >gave for his mother isn't the name we found on the micro films. So we
      >wondered wether Adam was our ancestor.

      Potrebujete vediet, ake pocasie bude na Slovensku aj vo svete.
      http://www.msn.sk/weather