addressing letter to Dravci/Uzhgorod

  • christopher gajda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hope someone in the group can help with following - I'd like to contact some distant relatives in Dravci ( village now incorporated into Uzhgorod). I have some names, but no addresses. I thought if I could send letter in care of priest at Greek Catholic Church in Dravci, he could forward. Don't know name of church or address, but is only GC church in Dravci. Can anyone help with how I should address the envelope???? ( if you can, please give me step-by-step instructions as if I was a total idiot!!). ( in Zakarpatskaya, which term is used: Greek Catholic, or Byzantine Catholic???) You can write me directly at christophergajda@...

    • srkrizan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
        Most of the church records were taken out of church by the Russians. They
        are now in a central files.
        You can get easy access to the Birth, Death & Marriage records by going thru
        the Washington DC embassy (202-237-1054) or New York City consulate
        (212-286-8434) depending on the USA state you live in today.
        www.Slovakembassy-us.org The GENEALOGY forms are under the Visa & Consular
        Info then go to bottom for applications. They respond in about 3 months.
        They are very helpful. Much better than the Czech Republic that requires an
        on site person to do the genealogy study.
        Simon Richard Krizan SRkrizan@... 1.847.398.7812 fax:
        1.419.791.0918
        Son of Bessie (Bosena) KUZELA & CHVILICEK, KOVAR, CIGNALEK, ZEMEK & PAVELKA
        around Vlcnov, Moravia, Czech Republic Grandfather Vendelin KRIZAN &
        HOLEKSY or HOLEKSZY, near Dolne Oresany,Trnava County, Slovak Republic
        Grandmother Ruzena (Rosina) CECH or Csech & TRNOVICS, near Losonec, Trnava
        County, Slovak Republic 1.847.398.7812 fax: 1.419.791.0918