Re: [S-R] Saris

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
      In this context, Stolica means the county seat, where Saris is the county.

      I am not very good with language constructs, but in general I believe "Sariska" is a variation, meaning of or about Saris.

    • jk1105@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
        Thank you very much for your reply as I only knew the county as "Saris"
        and never thought of a county seat.

        Bill Tarkulich wrote:

        > In this context, Stolica means the county seat, where Saris is the county.
        >
        > I am not very good with language constructs, but in general I believe "Sariska" is a variation, meaning of or about Saris.
        >

        >>From: jk1105@...
        >>Date: Wed Jun 01 18:49:11 CDT 2005
        >>To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
        >>Subject: [S-R] Saris
        >

        >>What is the difference between "Saris" and "Sariska"?
        >>
        >>What does "Stolieca" mean/represent following the word "Sariska"?
        >>
        >>Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.
        >>
        >>Jeannette from Connecticut, USA

        >>Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • srkrizan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
          Jeannette,
          I just bumped into two items that may help you.
          1. A map of Slovakia for $12 from the Slovak Institute of Cleveland large
          black and white map of Slovakia, designed and sold exclusively by the Slovak
          Institute at $10.00 per map plus $2.00 for shipping and handling
          http://www.slovakinstitute.com/ Slovak Institute 10510 Buckeye Road,
          Cleveland, OH 44104 Phone: 216-721-5300 ext.294

          and 2. The director is from and born in your county Saris. Andrew F. Hudak,
          Jr. Born in 1928, Kecerovske Peklany, Saris County, Slovakia. Director 2002
          to the present. Saris (SA)
          Mr.. Donald J. Madar correspondent for the County Saris (SA)
          123 East Main Street North East, PA 16428 eMail address:
          slovmjd@...

          I will be purchasing the map. Simon Richard Krizan SRkrizan@...
          1.847.398.7812 fax: 1.419.791.0918
          Son of Bessie (Bosena) KUZELA & CHVILICEK, KOVAR, CIGNALEK, ZEMEK & PAVELKA
          around Vlcnov, Moravia, Czech Republic Grandfather Vendelin KRIZAN & HOLEKSY
          or HOLEKSZY, near Dolne Oresany, Slovak Republic
          Grandmother Ruzena (Rosina) CECH or Csech & TRNOVICS, near Losonec, Slovak
          Republic -----Original Message-----

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
            Thank you for your suggestion and the where to of how to purchase. I do
            have an automap of Slovakia but it does not give the counties or their
            county seats. Thanks again.
            Jeannette