Greetings - researching Sisak / Oleksa

  • irenaios
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi All...

      My name is James Ferrenberg and I hail from the Seattle Area.

      I spent the last year or so researching my eastern european roots and
      have gone from knowing next to nothing to learning quite abit.

      My Sisak ancestors have been in Juskova Vola since at least 1715
      (according to the census records I am sure you all are familiar with)
      And apparently they are still there...in fact I recently started an
      email dialogue with the mayor of the town/village and he has agreed to
      try and help establish contact with them.

      Anyway, I am sure I have lots of questions, but I'll start with this one:

      Anyone else researching Sisak? There is a Croatian town called
      Sisak...anyone know of a possible connection?

      Glad to have found you all!

      Regards
      James
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Ancestry.com message boards list four people researching (and are related
        to) Sisak family. The messages are fairly old, so the email addresses might
        not be current:
        Viera Sisakova; vsisakova@...
        Dale Karaff; dkaraf@...
        John Sesock; ZekeMares77@...