Re: Re: [S-R] Social Security/Death information.

  • Gil Kubancsek
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25 8:16 AM
      I have over a dozen Certificates of Death for the state of Pennsylvania and find many errors in the contained data. The deceased's name & date of death appears to be the only reliable pieces of information on these records.

      I did find however, that the certificates of death from the 1920s had more accurate information than current day documents.

      Gil K.

      I cannot affirm NY, but unless you are of direct lineage (your mother, father, sister, brother) and the record is less than aprox, depends on the state) 70 years or so, privacy laws prohibit it.

      I have found death certificates to be highly in error, since no information is verified and they are quite casual about who the informant of record is.

      Bill