RE: [S-R] Hungarian Word - Help

  • Helen France
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2005
      Hi,

      Don't know if this helps, but I found this in google:

      " nemtelen strictly means that it does not belong to the nobility. (General)
      nobility in Hungarian is 'nemes'. Non nobility is 'nemtelen', therefore the
      large majority of the common folk were."

      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2005
        These are Magyar words:

        nem - not
        telen - in the winter

        we see this in the 1869 Census also under the read and write question:

        tud = knows how
        nem tude = doesn't know how

        http://tinyurl.com/b9qqx - Mormon's guidebook

        Regarding Feudal terminology

        zseller
        http://www.genealogy.ro/cont/11.htm - Banat was a province of old Hungary,
        thus the terminolgy is generally applicable as are the social constructs.
        http://www.felix-game.ca/html_files/gfarmer2.html
        http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/social_status.htm

        Bill Tarkulich