ZAMBA

  • famryd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19 9:29 AM
      Hi,
      Thanks to all of you that responded to my query. I have lots of leads to
      pursue now. I realize that the accent could have made a big difference in the
      hearing and spelling of Zamba. Their village could be all four of those
      listed by Bill.
      To Bill:My Dad wanted to get away from his family and left when he was 17
      . He passed away about 11 years ago and never revealed his correct name of
      Valencik or his heritage. I really stared my genealogy after that. From the
      Internet, I have found 2 brothers and a sister(halves) I have one Aunt in Ohio
      and lots of cousins in Pennsylvania. My GGM's maiden name was Walls or Valls.
      GGF (Mihal) came here prior in 1886. His EI record shows Hungary as Place
      of Origin. I know they were Catholic but not sure if Roman or Greek.The other
      side of the family was Greek and from Rowna ,CZ. I know it should be
      Rovna.No W's in Cz.The 1910 census shows Mike Valencik born in Slovak-Austria and
      spoke Slovak. I have both their death certificates. GGF died 04/26/1935. It
      states his father was Michael Valencik , mother unknown ,all born in Austria.
      GGM's states died 11/28/1929,father's name Jos. Walls, mother unknown,all born
      in Austria. I have not researched marriage or church records. I need to do
      that. I don't think they ever became citizens. I did search naturalization
      records when visiting Pennsylvania. I have Ancestry but need to go to the FHC and
      request film of the census'. I haven't quite got there yet. Too many things
      to do. Anyhow, Thanks to all your help. It is greatly appreciated.
      Beverly in WA state