Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Chorniak Family

  • Rosamken@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2000
      Kevin:

      What information do you have??? The easiest way I know is to start with
      current people and work backwards...I just put the name CHORNIAK in the SSDI
      site and found 5...John, Mary, Paul in OH, and Nancy and Shirley in UT. (all
      have passed away).

      Where have you looked??

      God Bless
      Rosemary - Las Vegas
      Searching for: BASTANZIO, CALIENNI, CASTROVINCI, CERNY, CHIPPARI, CIANCI,
      GARRISON, GILLSON, MONASTRA, & SLADKY
    • sabinov@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2000
        You say you've been "somewhat successful" in research in the US, but it
        sounds like you have not found him in the US censuses, have not found
        his naturalization papers or on a ship arrival, or gotten his death
        certficate.

        Basically, you start with the death certficate and work backwards
        through the censuses from there to when he arrived. The censuses will
        give you clues as to arrival date, and you can find naturalization
        papers fairly easily. Several people on the list mentioned finding the
        SS5 form, another good method.

        Read through the sections on my Helpful Hints page, it will help you
        develop a list of what you need to do.