Re: [S-R] Dzamba - Varadka?

  • Gil Kubancsek
    Message 1 of 9 , May 17, 2005
      I found a Slavic Language Map in my files and uploaded it to the PHOTOS section of Slovak-World.

      I hope you will find it interesting and helpful.

      Gil K.

      John <john10636@...> wrote:
      Richard,

      I searched around for a linguistic map of the region as I am curious
      to see how it looks, and so far have had no luck. I suppose perhaps
      an academic researcher on Slavic studies or one who studies languages
      might have something on this. Do you know of any websites or books
      that detail this?

      Thanks,
      John

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Richard D. Custer"
      > You wouldn't find the term Rusyn on a U.S. census document, nor on
      an
      > immigration record. You would most likely see Ruthenian or
      Russniak,
      > perhaps Russian. However, probably more Rusyns were recorded as
      Slovak by
      > language or nationality on these documents than as Rus-whatever.
      Some of