Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Geneology research

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2000
      Kevin,

      Tell us more on what you have on the family and then possibly someone
      can help you.

      You might want to check the section on my Helpful Hints page on How to
      Write a Successful Query.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2000
        In a message dated 3/7/0 3:46:52 AM, klcofc@... writes:

        << information on the Chorniak family. >>

        Hi Kevin,

        We have a listing for a Chornak ( likely the same name) in our Slovak
        Pride data base for the region of old Sub Carpatho Rus or Ruthenia. If you
        would like to contact the person - I can forward a letter for you.

        Chabanivka SCR UKR Chornak

        Also noted that we have two other possible connections : (Likely was a c~
        and so similar to your Ch beginning)

        Village & Cty Ancestor
        Zubne ZEMPLIN Cornej
        Michalovce ZEMPLIN Cornij

        Zemplin is in the eastern part of Slovakia and sahres a border with old Sub
        Carpatho Rus - now Ukraine.

        helene
        helenezx@...