Hudek or Hudec

  • Mary Hudec
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2005
      Hi David,

      Did they spell Hudek or Hudec? As a Hudec I have been
      searching for my greatgrandparents and have noticed
      the two spellings of the names and have wondered if
      the name was changed here or there sometime in the
      past.

      Mary

    • Tim Skvarenina
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 9:06 AM
        I've seen the name Hudec in Bosany.

        Tim Skvarenina

        --- Mary Hudec <hawaiihudec@...> wrote:

        > Hi David,
        >
        > Did they spell Hudek or Hudec? As a Hudec I have
        > been
        > searching for my greatgrandparents and have noticed
        > the two spellings of the names and have wondered if
        > the name was changed here or there sometime in the
        > past.
        >
        > Mary
        >

        > --- maria hudek <mhudekova@...> wrote:
        > > Hi David,
        > >
        > > I dont know ...
        > > But faminly name is Hudek or Kondrc?
        > > I know that some Hudek family comes also from
        > > Bratislava, we come from Trencin (Skalka)
        > > They may had moved there form Toronto but I dont
        > > think so ;)
        > >
        > > maria
        > >
        > > David Decker <maze_r@...> wrote:
        > > Maria,
        > >
        > > Would you be related to the Hudeks of Toronto,
        > > Canada?
        > >
        > > One of my grandfathers cousins married a hudek,
        > > think his name was Joseph
        > > her name was either Maria or Tonka, cant remember
        > > which one at the moment.
        > > :-). Family name would have been Kondrc
        > >

        > > David
        > >

        > > _____

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Donna Lachney
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 9:46 AM
          Hi, I know people in Indiana by the name of Hudock..I wonder if that is a name change from Hudec/Hudek. I know my family name Lacsni has changed from that to: Lachney/Lacsny/Latchney..just to name a few. It is amazing the changes through the many years of generations.

          Donna Lachney

        • Peter Pikna
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3 6:18 AM
            Mary,
            in village (Velke) Brestovany are living family Hudek and Kondrc. Jean
            Rosmman looking for family Hudek about 3 years ago on
            www.genealogy-heraldry.sk/slo/r.html . Try to contact with him.
            Peter
            >From: Mary Hudec <hawaiihudec@...>
            >To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [S-R] Hudek or Hudec
            >Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Hi David,
            >
            >Did they spell Hudek or Hudec? As a Hudec I have been
            >searching for my greatgrandparents and have noticed
            >the two spellings of the names and have wondered if
            >the name was changed here or there sometime in the
            >past.
            >
            >Mary
            >

            >--- maria hudek <mhudekova@...> wrote:
            > > Hi David,
            > >
            > > I dont know ...
            > > But faminly name is Hudek or Kondrc?
            > > I know that some Hudek family comes also from
            > > Bratislava, we come from Trencin (Skalka)
            > > They may had moved there form Toronto but I dont
            > > think so ;)
            > >
            > > maria
            > >
            > > David Decker <maze_r@...> wrote:
            > > Maria,
            > >
            > > Would you be related to the Hudeks of Toronto,
            > > Canada?
            > >
            > > One of my grandfathers cousins married a hudek,
            > > think his name was Joseph
            > > her name was either Maria or Tonka, cant remember
            > > which one at the moment.
            > > :-). Family name would have been Kondrc
            > >

            > > David
            > >

            > > _____

            Rozhodnite o tom, kto si s vami moze vymienat spravy a povedzte priatelom o
            MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.sk/
          • maria hudek
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3 12:42 PM
              Hi Mary,

              Names Hudek and Hudec are spelled and pronouced different way and they are both in Slovakia for long years.
              Hudec is much more used.

              Regards,

              Maria