Re: [S-R] Re: Wachtenheim in Budapest

  • jump4toys@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2005
      HI folks.....
      I'm searching for my family tree by the name Wachtenheim. We're Jewish and
      most family members are from small villages in what is now Ukraine.
      As I'm hunting, I found a family with the name Wachtenheim who is in Budapest
      and is Catholic. My thought of course is that perhaps an ancestor of theirs
      converted?

      Anyway, because all my searching has been along Jewish routes, I never looked
      in churches or baptisms, etc. Because this is an arduous task as you all
      know, could I ask anyone a kindness that if they're hunting in churches or
      baptisms or marriage certificates, if they could just do a scan of WACHTENHEIM and
      see if there are any of them listed?

      I would SO appreciate it. I feel we can all help each other this way along
      our tasks.
      thanks always to Bill who seems to be helping us all.

      My email is
      Jump4toys@...