Re: Re: [S-R] Social Security Numbers

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 19 11:04 AM
      There are other places to obtain more information. I highly recommend requesting his/her immigration file. There are some extremely useful bits of info in there, even if s/he did not naturalize. Alien Registration form (page 1 shown here http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/history/ImmRecs/AR2front.html is extremely valuable)

      See the background & procedure to request a copy which I wrote about here: http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/ins_foia_petitions.htm

      Bill Tarkulich

    • EMSCRS@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19 11:29 AM
        In addition to the naturalization information, or whatever, you could also
        try the Church where they married, or the marriage record (if they married
        here). Failing that, possibly christening or burial records - death
        certificates normally include the names of the parents of the deceased.

        Elizabeth

      • nhasior@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 19 6:47 PM
          Jump4,
          did the ancestors you are interested in have any children in this country?
          were the children baptized?
          Noreen

        • jump4toys@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 20 12:55 AM
            Hi...the children in this country were born in Czechoslovakia and migrated
            here in the 20's, 30's, 40's. They're Jewish, there was no baptism.

            Jump4