Re: [S-R] Help, please

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15, 2005
      Dear Pat,
      On the Kuban line no research will be needed.I just recently completed the Kuban family research in Sterusy and will put you in contact with your cousin living in the States. You have a great Family Tree! Vary large indeed.
      Please, contact me directly.
      With best regards,

      Vladimir Bohinc
      Professional Genealogist
      KONEKTA s.r.o., Dukelska 11, 915 01 Nove Mesto n.V., Slovak Republic
      Tel/Fax; xx421 32 7710 375
      e-mail: konekta@...
      web page: www.konekta.sk

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 16, 2005
        Wow!!!! I definitely will contact you.

        Thanks, Pat
        ************
        At 02:45 AM 4/16/2005, you wrote:

        >Dear Pat,
        >On the Kuban line no research will be needed.I just recently completed the
        >Kuban family research in Sterusy and will put you in contact with your
        >cousin living in the States. You have a great Family Tree! Vary large indeed.
        >Please, contact me directly.
        >With best regards,
        >
        >Vladimir Bohinc
        >Professional Genealogist
        >KONEKTA s.r.o., Dukelska 11, 915 01 Nove Mesto n.V., Slovak Republic
        >Tel/Fax; xx421 32 7710 375
        >e-mail: konekta@...
        >web page: www.konekta.sk

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 17, 2005
          Dear Pat,
          I was very happy when I found your connection and was expecting you to contact me.
          However, the whole thing seems to be too good to be true, so I am still waiting for your mail.
          Is it possible,that you have some second thoughts?
          I said, no research will be needed, which means, there will be no charge. Is this suspicious?
          Should I better charge?
          Please, help me understand this.
          With best regards,
          Vladimir Bohinc

          PS
          This group is very old and we all know each other for years. Only honest people.
          >On the Kuban line no research will be needed.I just recently completed the
          >Kuban family research in Sterusy and will put you in contact with your
          >cousin living in the States. You have a great Family Tree! Vary large indeed.
          >Please, contact me directly.
          >With best regards,
          >
          >Vladimir Bohinc
          >Professional Genealogist
          >KONEKTA s.r.o., Dukelska 11, 915 01 Nove Mesto n.V., Slovak Republic
          >Tel/Fax; xx421 32 7710 375
          >e-mail: konekta@...
          >web page: www.konekta.sk

          http://www.eset.sk

        • Jan Ammann
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 17, 2005
            Hello Vladimir...........I have some Kubans in my maternal side of the family.......so I think I will jump in here. My great-great grandparents emigrated from Wall Meseritsch (also says on there Karlovitza) in 1884.....There were John Podesva and his wife Mary Vasut with their children....they settled in Wharton County, Texas in a small community known as Taiton.

            In the early 1900's part of this family married into the Kuban family.........Frank Kuban married Stephanie Podesva. They moved up to the Fort Worth area of Texas and had children....one being a nun named Sister Martha........Anyway, I probably should post this on the Czech list but I know a lot of these families co-mingled and who knows or could pinpoint every relatives who married into the family.

            But I really know very little about the Kubans.........

            Cheers,Jan

            http://www.eset.sk

          • Dr. Joe Q.
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 17, 2005
              Dear Pat,

              You are dealing with a reputable person here - - - remember
              Diogenes??, well you have found an honest man!

              Dr. "Q"

            • Nick Holcz
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 18, 2005
                At 12:12 PM 18/04/2005, you wrote:

                >Dear Pat,
                >
                >You are dealing with a reputable person here - - - remember
                >Diogenes??, well you have found an honest man!
                >
                >Dr. "Q"

                I'll second that.
                Nick

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 18, 2005
                  I'll third that! Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and accurate, but very generous with his time and talent.
                  Bill T

                  > From: Nick Holcz <nickh@...>
                  > Date: 2005/04/18 Mon AM 06:01:24 EDT
                  > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [S-R] Help, please
                  >

                  > At 12:12 PM 18/04/2005, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >Dear Pat,
                  > >
                  > >You are dealing with a reputable person here - - - remember
                  > >Diogenes??, well you have found an honest man!
                  > >
                  > >Dr. "Q"
                  >
                  > I'll second that.
                  > Nick
                  >

                  > >Vladimir Bohinc wrote:
                  > >
                  > > >Dear Pat,
                  > > >I was very happy when I found your connection and was expecting you to
                  > > contact me.
                  > > >However, the whole thing seems to be too good to be true, so I am still
                  > > waiting for your mail.
                  > > >Is it possible,that you have some second thoughts?
                  > > >I said, no research will be needed, which means, there will be no
                  > > charge. Is this suspicious?
                  > > >Should I better charge?
                  > > >Please, help me understand this.
                  > > >With best regards,
                  > > >Vladimir Bohinc
                  > > >
                  > > >PS
                  > > >This group is very old and we all know each other for years. Only honest
                  > > people.

                • Pat Watkins
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 27, 2005
                    Mr. Bohinc--

                    I have been sending you e-mails at your e-mail address
                    (konekta@...). Have you been receiving them?

                    Thanks, Pat