English-language Broadcast and Print media
- For those English-only readers/speakers interested in contemporary Slovakia
and Czech Republic, here are some sites to peruse, with heavy local content.
1. radio Slovakia International - www.rsi.sk
Contains not only shortwave schedule, but also live streaming audio and
quite a few very good English articles on contemporary Slovakia.
2. Radio Prague - http://www.radio.cz/en/ - shortwave, live streaming and
Canada Broadcast Corp (CBC) rebroadcasts the English Program of Radio Prague
on "CBC Radio Overnight". 5:05AM Weekdays or 2:05AM Weekends (Ottawa
schedule time) see http://www.cbc.ca
3. Rebroadcast of many international stations via the internet can be found
here: http://www.wrn.org/ under "Listeners' Area". Some are paid, some are
Lucky us, Slovakia is free. Last 7 days of RSI are online. Select a
station and a date.
4. Insight Central Europe http://www.incentraleurope.com/ice
(nice article on baking Paska and Czech Easter Traditions)
Perhaps others can suggest other English venues?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- An English-language story about Easter and a Lutheran minister who was from
California, now living in Bratislava, 5AM Easter services, basket
traditions, is found here:
Click on the "Saturday" or "Sunday" speaker icon selection.
Each broadcast is 30 minutes in length, all in English.
You'll need a high speed internet connection and either Real Play or Windows
Media Player, but it's free!
I would only expect it to be available for the next few days.