Re: Re: [S-R] Property issues

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 22 10:42 AM
      Your comments about variablity apply of course. Supply, demand and strategic importance.

      "Using the benchmarck of a two-bedroom residential home, Fedoroňko estimated that the average dwelling in Bratislava city proper was presently listed at between two and three million Slovak crowns ($45,000-$60,000), while a similar house within 15 kilometers of the city centre was 1.5-2 million crowns ($30,000-$45,000) and beyond 30 kilometers of the capital below 500,000 crowns ($12,000)." Slovak Spectator, June, 1999. [ 50 SKK = 1 USD in 1999 ]

      I just want people to get an appreciation for the relative economics, since the 2004 U. S. median sales price of a home is 218,000USD (7,433.423SKK) [ 30 SKK = 1 USD in 3/2005]

      > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
      > Date: 2005/03/22 Tue AM 11:58:43 EST
      > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: Re: [S-R] Property issues
      >

      > Dear Bill,
      > I don't know. I would have to ask somebody involved, but you may expect this to vary so much, that one would have to make several checks to figure out an approximate average value.
      > Regarding the land and brokers; if the land is or can be turned into construction land, then they have interest. If it's only fields or pastures, then they usually are not interested. The one who might be interested is the neighbor.
      > Some of you have seen slovak villages, how they are suffocated with large fields. All these fields are called Extravilan, and you can not build a house there. So there was a great shortage of construction land. Usually einther an old house was torn down and a new built or a new house was built on the other end of the garden.
      > Nowadays, investors are already turning fileds and pastures into construction land.
      > Vladimir

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 22 11:34 AM
        Dear Bill,
        If you want to compare correctly, you have to compare with average salary. How many average salaries for a home.
        The home prices below are not correct.
        A flat in Bratislava about 3M Sk yes, but not a home. These are much more expensive in Bratislava.
        And, if you are talking homes, they can be 100 years old or new. Not possible to make such a simple comparison.
        A 30 years old home around Bratislava would be 1.7 to 2.5 MSk.
        But again, Bratislava is absolutely not representative for the country.
        If you want some links on that, I can find some for you tomorrow and you can see the prices all over the country.
        I don't know, whether the Slovak average salary is already $400. probably not far from there. And the US is how much?
        $2500?
        Vladimir

        Your comments about variablity apply of course. Supply, demand and strategic importance.

        "Using the benchmarck of a two-bedroom residential home, Fedoroňko estimated that the average dwelling in Bratislava city proper was presently listed at between two and three million Slovak crowns ($45,000-$60,000), while a similar house within 15 kilometers of the city centre was 1.5-2 million crowns ($30,000-$45,000) and beyond 30 kilometers of the capital below 500,000 crowns ($12,000)." Slovak Spectator, June, 1999. [ 50 SKK = 1 USD in 1999 ]

        I just want people to get an appreciation for the relative economics, since the 2004 U. S. median sales price of a home is 218,000USD (7,433.423SKK) [ 30 SKK = 1 USD in 3/2005]

        > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
        > Date: 2005/03/22 Tue AM 11:58:43 EST
        > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: Re: [S-R] Property issues
        >

        > Dear Bill,
        > I don't know. I would have to ask somebody involved, but you may expect this to vary so much, that one would have to make several checks to figure out an approximate average value.
        > Regarding the land and brokers; if the land is or can be turned into construction land, then they have interest. If it's only fields or pastures, then they usually are not interested. The one who might be interested is the neighbor.
        > Some of you have seen slovak villages, how they are suffocated with large fields. All these fields are called Extravilan, and you can not build a house there. So there was a great shortage of construction land. Usually einther an old house was torn down and a new built or a new house was built on the other end of the garden.
        > Nowadays, investors are already turning fileds and pastures into construction land.
        > Vladimir

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        http://www.eset.sk

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 22 11:58 AM
          It's quite well understood that there is subjective variance in everything. I understand the distiction between house size, quality, age and location. But we can still make a useful comparison.

          Sit down Vladimir... Average 2002 US wage was US$35,560
          (source: US Bureau of Labor & Statistics) Some people make minimum wage of US$11,000, few make US$70,000 fewer make more than US$100,000. The smallest condominium or trailer may go for US$45,000, 2 bedrooms houses go for US$60K in slow economic areas, places like San Diego the same 2 bedroom house goes for $500,000.

          That's why I think this comparison is so meaningful. Even if we are at +/- 50% soviet prices, the relative comparison is still dramatic and educational enough. I'm not trying to get precision here.

          Bill

          > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
          > Date: 2005/03/22 Tue PM 02:34:21 EST
          > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: Re: Re: [S-R] Property issues
          >

          > Dear Bill,
          > If you want to compare correctly, you have to compare with average salary. How many average salaries for a home.
          > The home prices below are not correct.
          > A flat in Bratislava about 3M Sk yes, but not a home. These are much more expensive in Bratislava.
          > And, if you are talking homes, they can be 100 years old or new. Not possible to make such a simple comparison.
          > A 30 years old home around Bratislava would be 1.7 to 2.5 MSk.
          > But again, Bratislava is absolutely not representative for the country.
          > If you want some links on that, I can find some for you tomorrow and you can see the prices all over the country.
          > I don't know, whether the Slovak average salary is already $400. probably not far from there. And the US is how much?
          > $2500?
          > Vladimir

        • amiak27
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 22 7:27 PM
            Vlad, a request for another observation on your part: When living
            in Germany I noted the politics in declaring (rezoning) agricultural
            land to housing construction land. It seemed friends of the mayor
            were favored with the rezoning. The price went up by a factor of 10
            with this new status of the land. Is the relative price of agrarian
            land to construction land 1:2, 1:5 or 1:10 in Slovakia, or cansuch a
            comparison be made at all?? Thanks in advance.

            Ron

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc"

            http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank

          • nhasior@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 23 2:41 AM
              Bill,
              Looking at a map, Wetlina is certainly at the crossroads. It is about as
              close as you can be to the boundary of the three countries of Poland, Slovakia
              and Ukraine.
              Noreen

              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 23 3:59 AM
                Noreen,

                I've studied Wetlina at great lengths and have walked its borders.

                ______________
                Bill Tarkulich

                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 23 4:04 AM
                  Over 200 villages were victims of Operation Vistula, beyond Lesko, Poland to
                  the Northwest.
                  These village were all a part of the Austrian castradal system.

                  I have Austrian castradal maps for volume two of the Bieszczady Slownik
                  Historyczno-Krajaozoznawcy, Gmina Cisna region.

                  Perhaps I've missed your point - you don't refer to which comment of mine
                  you are commenting on.

                  ______________
                  Bill Tarkulich

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 24 5:21 AM
                    Dear Bill,
                    Many thanks.
                    No need to sit down; I was referring to the monthly salary and you are referring to the year's salary.
                    It used to be, that the ratio between Slovakia and let us say Austria, which has very good salaries, was 1:10.
                    Here are some links where you can see the prices.
                    The ratio between the agricultural land and construction land price can be 1:100.
                    http://www.trh.sk/

                    http://reality.dct.sk/

                    http://nehnutelnosti.residence.sk/domy-byty-pozemky.jsp

                    http://www.realitymdt.sk/pozemky.php

                    http://www.reality-slovensko.sk/slovak/1_predaj/nehnutelnosti.html

                    All this market is not mature yet.

                    If you need a special vocabulary for surfing or understanding slovak real estate sites, let me know.

                    regards,

                    Vladimir

                    It's quite well understood that there is subjective variance in everything. I understand the distiction between house size, quality, age and location. But we can still make a useful comparison.

                    Sit down Vladimir... Average 2002 US wage was US$35,560
                    (source: US Bureau of Labor & Statistics) Some people make minimum wage of US$11,000, few make US$70,000 fewer make more than US$100,000. The smallest condominium or trailer may go for US$45,000, 2 bedrooms houses go for US$60K in slow economic areas, places like San Diego the same 2 bedroom house goes for $500,000.

                    That's why I think this comparison is so meaningful. Even if we are at +/- 50% soviet prices, the relative comparison is still dramatic and educational enough. I'm not trying to get precision here.

                    Bill

                    > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
                    > Date: 2005/03/22 Tue PM 02:34:21 EST
                    > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
                    > Subject: Re: Re: [S-R] Property issues
                    >

                    > Dear Bill,
                    > If you want to compare correctly, you have to compare with average salary. How many average salaries for a home.
                    > The home prices below are not correct.
                    > A flat in Bratislava about 3M Sk yes, but not a home. These are much more expensive in Bratislava.
                    > And, if you are talking homes, they can be 100 years old or new. Not possible to make such a simple comparison.
                    > A 30 years old home around Bratislava would be 1.7 to 2.5 MSk.
                    > But again, Bratislava is absolutely not representative for the country.
                    > If you want some links on that, I can find some for you tomorrow and you can see the prices all over the country.
                    > I don't know, whether the Slovak average salary is already $400. probably not far from there. And the US is how much?
                    > $2500?
                    > Vladimir

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    http://www.eset.sk