SREMSKA MITROVICA was in Hungary, too

  • Thomas Reimer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2005
      Jeanann,

      They were in the same country--Sremska Mitrovica (auf Deutsch Mitrowitz or
      Syrmisch-Mitrowitz) was also in the Kingdom of Hungary, in the county of
      Szerem (in German Syrmien), a mainly German/Magyar settled area handed over
      to Serbia in after World War I and again World War II). Today in the Serb
      province of Vojvodina.

      Thomas