Re: Email problem

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 1999
      Hi William,

      When something comes back "user unknown" it usually means that email
      address is no longer good.... however as a listowner of several lists I
      get error messages all the time that say "user unknown" when in fact the
      emai address _is_ good... many isp's just use that "user unknown" for a
      general statement like if they are upgrading, or if the mailbox is full
      for that person etc.

      What I would suggest is that you try again a few more times, and if it
      still comes back user unknown over the space of a few days, then you can
      safely guess that email is no longer good.

      Also, remember to specify a subject when you send a message to the list
      <g>

      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching