Re: 1600-1700s Hung Census

  • jwm469@wireweb.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      All,

      I don't know if anyone mentioned this in previous posts about the 1715 Urbarial census.

      I noticed that some villages had entries with only a surnames listed. I checked on a couple of them and found that they
      represented a widow. The entry on the actual urbarial was listed as VIDUA - Latin for widow.

      I thought maybe the given name was unreadable. This may still be the case in the more damaged/deteriorated
      Urbarials, but all the ones I checked on were Vidua.

      Just a heads up.

      Jerry