Kincses - other derivations

  • Jan Ammann
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
      Hello Chris..........

      What a coincidence. One of my family members in Hungary has the given name of "Kincso" and I correspond with this family. The father of the new baby told me the meaning of the word is "treasure"...........So evidently a derivation of Kincses is also Kincso. In my Magyar-Angol dictionary there is the word "kincs".......a noun meaning treasure....a jewel. The plural of "kincs" may be "kincses"..........Just thought you might like knowing this.

      Cheers,
      Jan

      christopher gajda <christophergajda@...> wrote:

      I searched for the village Darocs in Ung county. After the village name, in brackets, is the word "Kincses". What does this mean? is this an alternate name for Darocs? if so, i've never seen it before. (using online Hungarian dictionary i found that the word "kincses" has something to do with "treasury" or "treasure house". Searching for "kincses" in census records also reveals that "kincses" is a surname.) Any ideas????

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT