I missed all this!

  • jump4toys@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 12:28 AM
      Okay...I took a break from the boards and come back to hear there are
      census's available and maps of villages with footpaths...

      Can someone baby step me first!?

      Where do I go to see the census and maps? My family is from the Carpathian
      mountain area, and came from villages such as Szolyva (Zugo when it was
      Hungary), Hulcliva, Bereqzasz, Munkach, ......I know the area was Hungary and then
      because Czechoslovakia before my father was born in 1920.
      Please don't think this naive, just how do I get started!?

      Also....has anyone found these names above in their searches?

      And searching for the name WACHTENHEIM if anyone has come across it.

      I figure it's rare to find it...jewish name, probably not much in owning
      land, although our families did own land in Zugo or Szolyva.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 2:08 AM
        It was described in the first email on this thread. Check your mailbox.
        You may also see http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/index.htm#new

        Bill Tarkulich