Dvorzsak Gazeteer

  • lacemaker55
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2005
      Bill,
      I guess I must be doing something wrong. For two days I have been
      using this link:
      http://kt.lib.pte.hu/konyvtar/kt03110501/tartalom.html
      and I have not been able to access the site. It always gives me the
      message: This page cannot be displayed. Is it already not available
      any more?
      Joeanna
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
        Joeanna ,
        The site works just fine for me. I suspect the problem is specific to your
        computer. It is possible you have some
        firewall/antivirus/antispam/antispyware software which is blocking it.
        Have you tried it on another computer?

        ______________
        Bill Tarkulich

        I guess I must be doing something wrong. For two days I have been
        using this link:
        http://kt.lib.pte.hu/konyvtar/kt03110501/tartalom.html
        and I have not been able to access the site. It always gives me the
        message: This page cannot be displayed. Is it already not available
        any more?
        Joeanna

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Jan Ammann

          I guess I must be doing something wrong. For two days I have been
          using this link:
          http://kt.lib.pte.hu/konyvtar/kt03110501/tartalom.html
          and I have not been able to access the site. It always gives me the
          message: This page cannot be displayed. Is it already not available
          any more?
          Joeanna

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
            Computer-tekkie comment:

            I have been using the free Mozilla/Firefox browser for PCs over the past month instead of the Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser. It is much faster and apparently less prone to security breaches. You can find and download it here http://www.mozilla.org/

            Note that you can keep all your browsers loaded on your computer and use whichever one works best for the circumstances. There are a few web sites that don't work well with Firefox, but they are rare. I am using Firefox most of the time, and IE only when I have to. It automagically imports all your bookmarkes too.

            Bill

            > From: Jan Ammann <janammann@...>
            > Date: 2005/03/03 Thu AM 10:19:59 EST
            > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: RE: [S-R] Dvorzsak Gazeteer - To Joanna
            >

            > Hi Joanna.......Just one further note.......I at first had trouble with it but I was using my Yahoo browser.....but then I switched to my Explorer browser and it worked fine. Don't really know why except that the Explorer browser is probably more professional than the Yahoo browser. Just thought you might want to know!
            >
            > Cheers, Jan
            >
            > Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
            > Joeanna ,
            > The site works just fine for me. I suspect the problem is specific to your
            > computer. It is possible you have some
            > firewall/antivirus/antispam/antispyware software which is blocking it.
            > Have you tried it on another computer?
            >
            > ______________
            > Bill Tarkulich

          • Jan Ammann
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
              Hi Bill............thanks for that info on Mozilla/Firefox Browser. I may load it also. I normally use and like my Yahoo Browser "way over" my Explorer browser. It is faster and saves anything much better. The saving process on Explorer is complicated compared to Yahoo. I also normally keep these two browser open.........one stays with my email so I can check it and then the other I search and save with. Cheers, Jan

              Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:Computer-tekkie comment:

              I have been using the free Mozilla/Firefox browser for PCs over the past month instead of the Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser. It is much faster and apparently less prone to security breaches. You can find and download it here http://www.mozilla.org/

              Note that you can keep all your browsers loaded on your computer and use whichever one works best for the circumstances. There are a few web sites that don't work well with Firefox, but they are rare. I am using Firefox most of the time, and IE only when I have to. It automagically imports all your bookmarkes too.

              Bill

              > From: Jan Ammann <janammann@...>
              > Date: 2005/03/03 Thu AM 10:19:59 EST
              > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: RE: [S-R] Dvorzsak Gazeteer - To Joanna
              >

              > Hi Joanna.......Just one further note.......I at first had trouble with it but I was using my Yahoo browser.....but then I switched to my Explorer browser and it worked fine. Don't really know why except that the Explorer browser is probably more professional than the Yahoo browser. Just thought you might want to know!
              >
              > Cheers, Jan
              >
              > Bill Tarkulich <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:
              > Joeanna ,
              > The site works just fine for me. I suspect the problem is specific to your
              > computer. It is possible you have some
              > firewall/antivirus/antispam/antispyware software which is blocking it.
              > Have you tried it on another computer?
              >
              > ______________
              > Bill Tarkulich

            • christopher gajda
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
                I cannot find Spis county; is it not included or am I not looking in right place?

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
                  It is SAROS.
                  Name-change-game applies here too.
                  bt

                  > From: christopher gajda <christophergajda@...>
                  > Date: 2005/03/03 Thu PM 12:27:53 EST
                  > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: RE: [S-R] Dvorzsak Gazeteer - can anyone help
                  >

                  > I cannot find Spis county; is it not included or am I not looking in right place?

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Vladimir Bohinc
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
                    You mean Zsepes?
                    Vladimir
                    > I cannot find Spis county; is it not included or am I not looking in right place?

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    http://www.eset.sk

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2005
                      Mea Culpa. My error. Too many things on my plate...
                      Thank you.
                      Bill

                      > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
                      > Date: 2005/03/03 Thu PM 02:09:13 EST
                      > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
                      > Subject: Re: RE: [S-R] Dvorzsak Gazeteer - can anyone help
                      >

                      > You mean Zsepes?
                      > Vladimir

                    • Vladimir Bohinc
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 4, 2005
                        Dear Bill,
                        Two things;
                        I wrote this message already yesterday, but I don't know why it came in so late.
                        Second, I mix them occassionally too :-)
                        In order to tell them apart I remember the beer brand Saris and since I know where the brewery is, I know then what is what.
                        Weird, no?
                        Vladimir

                        Mea Culpa. My error. Too many things on my plate...
                        Thank you.
                        Bill

                        > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
                        > Date: 2005/03/03 Thu PM 02:09:13 EST